Do you believe you’re the fastest Vike West of Denmark and Sweden? Prove it by signing up for Vike on a Bike 2020! This year will be a little different as you are in charge of keeping track of your time and making sure you complete the course! Keep track of your time and your travels using a free runners app, take a screenshot of your time and proof that you completed the course, send it our way, receive a prize! Here is how it all works:
- Register and sign up for the race you would like to participate in.
- Download an app that will track your time and distance (Strava, Run Tracker, Runkeeper, are free)
- Go to the start of the course (Review map below), turn on your app, and start the timer.
- Once you have ridden the correct distance, take a screenshot showing the time and the outline of the course.
- Send a picture of the screenshot and pictures you took while on your race to email@example.com.
- Sit back and relax while your prize gets ready to be sent to you!
Here are the races you can register for: Sport: You have that competitive spirit, you’ve been riding for a while, you are absolutely comfortable on your steed, and this is not your first rodeo – this is your category. One 10.5 mile lap around Black Hill is what you are signing up for. Consult the map with BLUE for your route. Novice: You are not new to mountain biking or your bike, but you ride less than 4 hours a week with experience on a single track. You are competitive with your friends and are looking to up the ante – this is your category.. Consult the map in GREEN for your route. 7.5 miles Beginner: It’s your first or second time, you’re new to your bike and inexperienced with single track riding. You are working on your skills and you want a good workout in the outdoors with other riders – this is your category. Consult the map only in RED for your route. 4 milesRegistration is $10.00 if you would like to pick up your prize at Ephraim City Hall located at 5 South Main Street, Ephraim, Utah. Registration is $20.00 if you would prefer your prize be shipped to you. Registration will be open until June 19, 2020. This year's prize is a limited edition Scandinavian Festival Neck Gaiter! There will also be a live leaderboard showing those who completed each race the fastest. Cash prizes will be given to those that are at the top of the leaderboard for each league for each gender.You can begin your race on May 22, 2020 and the deadline to complete your race and send a screenshot is June 19, 2020. If you have any questions, please contact Michael Patton at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!