ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES ON FRIDAY, 8/26 AT 5:00PM.
SAME DAY REGISTRATION WILL OPEN ON SATURDAY, 8/27 STARTING AT 6:00AM
The 5th Annual Paws in the Park is a fundraiser for TCRAS (Teller County Regional Animal Shelter). This is a 5K chip-timed walk/run.
The 5k run/walk will take your through the Hayden Divide Park Loop. Experience a gorgeous view of Pikes Peak, the mountains, green meadows, and fresh air. Elevation is at 9145, so plan ahead for high elevation running/walking. The sun shines bright in Divide, so bring your sun protection.
Well behaved leashed pets are welcome. However, they must be on a leash at all times. This is for their protection, the protection of other dogs, and especially the wildlife. You may see a herd of elk, a brave fox, or deer in the area.
The run/walk will start at TCRAS, go through the Park, and return back to TCRAS. While here, come inside and enjoy a tour of our facility. We'll have merchandise for sale, our giving tree will be displayed, and you will have the opportunity to become a member of TCRAS. Some information for you:
- The race starts at 7:30am. If you do not register online, then registration is from 6 to 7am. Register online today to guarantee your t-shirt and goodie bag.
- Medals will be awarded to the top 2 finishers in each age category.
- There are 2 Team awards (for teams of 4). Sign up a team of 4 and get 10% off. Challenge another team to see who can raise the most money. Maybe one vet office can challenge another vet office, a retailer against another retailer, a school group against another. Be creative and have fun with it.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top fundraisers. Raise the minimum amount to be qualified for a chance to win:
Raise $500 or more Beats Headphones (valued at $249)
Raise $1,000 or more Apple IPad Mini 4 (valued at $454)
Raise $2,000 or more Apple Gift Card valued at $600
Raise $3,000 or more Apple 13” MacBook (valued at $1199)
All monies raised will go to the Shelter for the animals. TCRAS is a 501(c)(3) limited intake animal shelter of adoptable animals. We are located in Divide, Colorado, and primarily serve the animals of the Pikes Peak region. We also work closely with surrounding counties, and offer assistance to other shelters.
- We are a limited intake shelter.
- The majority of TCRAS funding comes from donations and fundraising.
- Veterinary bills are the shelter’s second largest expense. Adoption fees typically do not even cover basic medical bills. Each animal that is taken into the shelter generally will receive vaccinations, spay/neuter surgery, microchipping, and any medical care they may require.
- The shelter has a small number of paid staff, but relies very heavily on volunteers to care for the animals.
- We do five major fundraising events a year. Wild Whiskers which is a dinner and silent auction in March, Yappy Hour a happy hour for people and their pets in June, Paws in the Park a 5k timed walk/run dog walk in August, Top Hats and Tails a fine dining experience in October, and Jingle Paws a 5k timed walk/run in December.
Some helpful links for you:
If you cannot set up your fundraising page at the time of registration, click on this link, select the FUNDRAISE button twice, and then enter your email you registered with.
Create My Fundraising Page Now
Manage Your Registration
Donate Only - Click here - then click on the black button on the right
Stay in Divide for the day and enjoy:
**The 18th Annual Great Divide Kite Flight at Hayden Divide Community Park from 10 to 1. Free admission for all.
**The first annual Alpine Music Festival by the Little Chapel Food Pantry will be on Saturday August 27th, 2016, from 8:00 am – 10:00 pm.
Tickets are $10.00 each and children 10 and under are free.
It is going to be a fun filled day with lots of food, games, rides, and MUSIC from many awesome groups! There will also be a dance in the evening from 8 pm -10 pm, with music from one of the hottest local groups in Colorado, The Charlie Searle Band! There will be a climbing wall, a mechanical bull ride, paint ball competitions, tons of games for the kids, lots of delicious food, including cotton candy, and craft booths which are sure to have something for everyone! There will be music by some really great bands, including the nationally known Flying W Wranglers, Dennis Thornberry – Elvis Tribute Artist, Mark Cormican – John Denver Tribute Artist, Charlie Searle Band -Monument, Colorado