Test your strength and skill at the Jack Axe Tournament. seven (7) events that come from Lumberjack, Scottish Highlands and Strong man competitions for you to compete in.
Sign up to particpate in one, two or compete in all for the opportunity to be the Tournament Champion.
The indidvidual events that make up the Jack Axe Tournament are as follows:
- Axe Throw - Everyone wants to throw an axe right! Wooden Target is placed 20 ft. away, we will provide the double bit (double edged) Axe, your objective is to throw the axe and stick it into your typical bullseye target. Points are awarded based on the highest point ring the axe is touching. A bullseye is worth 10 points. You are given 1 practice throw and then 3 scored throws. You can take no more than 3 minutes to complete your turn. If there is a tie, we will go back to the line and throw again untill a winner is declaried.
- Timber Toss - Simliar in many ways to the caber toss of the Scottish Highland Games, your objective is to position the timber, that may vary in weight and length, starting smaller moving larger, in your hands and with an upward thrust, throw the end that you are holding clearly over the top with the goal of it landing at 12 o'clock from your position.
- Cross Cut - From the Lumberjacks, your objective is to saw a "cookie" from your log in the quickest time. We will be providing the saws, you will be providing the muscle, stamina and skill.
- Stone Throw - Pure strength and heart are needed, simply put, throw a 25lb stone the farthest. Many will shot put but we don't care how you chuck it, just don't step over the line and let it fly.
- Tractor Pull - Yes, you get to pull a tractor. You will be strapped into a harness chained to a tractor, a large rope achored to the Jack Axe War Wagon to pull on and help you to drag this piece of farming history 50 ft. Scoring is based on the time get down the track.
- Log Press - Pressing a log over your head, the winner will be determined by the repititions from upper chest to full arm extension.
- Keg Toss - No doubt a crowd favorite but not for the reasons that you are thinking. Toss a weighted keg the highest to win this event.
Compete in your designated category, Men and Women and age group.
Age Groups are:
18-35 Young Bucks / Bambi
51-100 Old Grizzly