The AAPLD Library Loop 5K USATF-certified course IL-17006-JW winds its way around the neighborhoods and park district walking paths surrounding the library. Runners and walkers of all ages and all abilities are invited to participate. Proceeds will fund programs and resources not covered by the library district's operating budget.
Algonquin native and Harry D. Jacobs High School graduate Evan Jager, 2016 Olympic silver medalist in the 3,000-meter steeplechase event, will be joining us as a special guest.
Each registrant will receive a t-shirt and electronic bib. Participants with strollers will be placed at the back of the starting line. Pets will not be allowed on the course.
- Online registration or paper registration will be accepted.
- Registration is non-refundable
- Race numbers are not transferable
- Race day registration will be available onsite but t-shirts will be limited
EARLY PACKET PICK-UP
Pick up your BIB number, t-shirt, and race swag early!
Date: Saturday, October 21, 2017
Time: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Location: Algonquin Area Public Library 2600 Harnish Drive, Algonquin
Race will begin and end at the Algonquin Public Library, 2600 Harnish Drive, Algonquin
6:30am Race Day Registration, Packet Pick-Up, Price increases by $5 on the day of the race.
7:30am Race Rules
7:45am Race Day Registration Closes
8:00am Race Begins
Results will stream live online on race day here: www.ItsRaceTime.com/Results.aspx?ID=1826
In the event that the race must be canceled due to circumstances beyond the control of the Algonquin Public Library, such as inclement weather, no refunds will be given but all race packets and t-shirts for pre-registered participants will be available for pick up at the library the following week. By registering for this event you agree that you have read and accept this refund policy.
WEATHER AND SAFETY
- The race will take place rain or shine and will only be cancelled in the case of thunder or lightning or if conditions are deemed unsafe for race participants.
- In the case of inclement weather the race committee will monitor weather conditions and will determine by 7:30am on race day whether or not the event will be canceled.
- In the event of a cancellation the race will not be rescheduled and no refunds will be issued.
- Bag check is not available at this race.
- For the safety of all participants we ask that when running or walking the course you do not line-up more than 2 people abreast. This allows for faster runners to pass without risk of injury.
- Baby strollers/joggers are welcome but must start at the back of the line-up.
- No pets will be allowed on the race course.