Run In The Dark 5K is a race for middle and high school kids whose cross country season has been impacted by Covid-19 or anyone who wants to compete. We are running a chip-timed race at the beautiful Mosquito Hill Nature Center on Saturday, October 24. There will be three waves:
- Wave one - Qualifying times for boys and girls of greater than 22:30 minutes
- Wave two - Qualifying times for boys and girls of between 18:30 and 22:30 minutes
- Wave three - Qualifying times for boys and girls of less than 18:30 minutes
We take concerns about Covid seriously and are taking the following precautions:
1. Temperatures will be taken and Covid questionnaires will be administered at check-in on race day.
2. We are limiting the number of participants in each wave to reduce potential exposure and each wave will clear the race area before the next one begins.
3. We will limit spectators to two per entrant to further limit population density.
4. We will have hand wash stations at the event.
5. Participants will be required to wear a disposable mask for the first 150 meters of the event.
6. Medals will be awarded as participants cross the finish line. There will be no award ceremony.