Is there a better way to spend an August morning than a run by the lake with your best friend, raising funds for animals in need?
Safe Harbor Humane Society's
Walk for Paws 2018 Family Festival and 5K Run/Walk
takes place on August 19th at Kennedy Park in Kenosha WI.
Starting at 9 a.m., four-legged athletes and their humans will have the ability to walk, run, stroll, or sniff a timed 5K around scenic Kennedy Park. This .75 mile looped course fits all fitness and abilities. After you are done, plan on spending time visiting different pet vendors, enjoying music, and playing games with other pet enthusiasts.
If you are not participating in the event, but desire to contribute to Safe Harbor Humane Society, you may donate directly by clicking the donate button at the top of this page.
Event shirts will be given to pre-registered participants. Same day registrations may purchase shirts at $15.
Would you like to waive your registration fee? Consider collecting donation for the Safe Harbor Humane Society. Participants who collect over $300 in donations for Safe Harbor Humane Society will have their entrance fee waived. Just click the Fundraise button at the top of this form. You will be directed to a different page. Click on the race for free button on the right side of your screen, create your team name (even if you are just an individual) and begin raising funds!
Safe Harbor Humane Society and Kenosha Running Company wish to make this event safe and enjoyable as possible for all involved. All participants must abide by the following rules if their dog(s) will be joining them for this pawesome event.
1. Dogs must be current on their rabies vaccination as required by law, and on the distemper-parvo vaccination as recommended by your veterinarian
2. SHHS reserves the right to turn away dogs that are a threat to other participants
3. There is a max limit of 2 dogs per person
4. Dogs must be on a leash at all times (max 6 feet)
5. Dogs in heat will be turned away.
6. This dog walk is limited to dogs and people
7. All human entries under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
8. No alcohol permitted at the event
9. Dog dogs under the age of 6 months are not allowed to participate
10. Participants are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs. Supplies will be provided.
11. For the safety of all participants, retractable leashes are not allowed.
Vendor and Sponsorship opportunities are available for this event. Contact Nicole at 262-694-4047.