Smacking Out Oral Cancer(race date estimated)
Smacking Out Oral Cancer Race Description
April is Oral Cancer Awareness month and OCAM would like to invite you to join us in our “Smacking Out Oral Cancer!” campaign. There are 2 ways/both to participate:
1) Register & choose a date & time to walk/run for 2 miles, starting April 5, 2021 to bring oral cancer awareness to your community! Have fun with this by creating signs, fun t-shirts and posting on your social media pages so the public can be involved. You can create your team or sign-up individually simply by selecting Register above.
- Registered teams will receive Blue Lip stickers to place on masks or shirts!
- Send your team photos before your walk/run starts wearing your stickers & creative work to be posted on our social media! Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or text to 248-343-4892.
2) Create your Charity page to help raise donations! All donations support survivors in Michigan and help improve patient outcomes with new research and technology. You can simply start your charity page by selecting Fundraise above.
- TOP 2 Fundraisers win $200 Door Dash Gift cards!
This year alone approximately 54,000 people in the U.S. will be newly diagnosed with oral cancer. 132 new people in the US Every Day will be newly diagnosed with an oral cancer, and that one person Every Hour, 24/7/365 will die from it. (Oral Cancer Foundation)
This is a great opportunity to be involved and give back to your community in hopes to raise oral cancer awareness and the need for early detection in order to help save lives!
Oral Cancer Awareness Michigan
- Location: Anywhere
- Smacking Out Oral Cancer/ 2 Mile Walk/Run
- Sponsor Event
- Smacking Out Oral Cancer/2 Mile Walk/Run