Safe Journeys Virtual 5k
Participate by 04/10/2021(race date estimated)
Safe Journeys Virtual 5k Race Description
It has been approximately one year since the Covid-19 pandemic began to impact our area. Schools, restaurants, and courtrooms closed; and individuals feared going into hospitals. People were isolated to their homes and minimized their contact with others. We all have been and continue to be affected by this pandemic. As an agency that serves survivors of domestic/sexual violence, we recognize that this group of survivors have been met with a unique set of challenges due to the pandemic. Without being able to reach out to their support people and with the need to stay home, for some, their lives became exponentially more dangerous and it became increasingly more difficult to seek help. To honor those individuals whose lives became more dangerous, AND in honor of Sexual Assault Awareness Month, Safe Journeys is hosting a virtual 5k on Saturday, April 10th, 2021. Participants can head out and walk, run, or roll anytime and anywhere from Saturday April 10th-Saturday April 17th. To survivors: We see you. We hear you. We continue to fight for you.
- Participants who want to pick up their t-shirt(s) will register under the category Individual
- Those who want their t-shirt(s) to be mailed to them will register under the category Individual-shipped
Note: You must register by 3/20 to be guaranteed a t-shirt.
- Location: Anywhere
- Race Date: 2021/04/10 10:00:00 AM (Saturday)
- Team member
- Individual (Have my T-shirt shipped to me)
- Team Member (Have my T-shirt shipped to me)
- Team member