Wiener takes all! Whether your tiny racer is a sure-bet hot dog, a real long shot or a Weenie Wannabee register for the Sunset Doxie Derby. Pet donations of food and care products will be accepted for local pet shelters and rescues. All spectators welcome!
RACE DATE: Saturday, August 26, 2017
RACE DAY REGISTRATION: 1:30-2:45 pm
RACE START TIME: 3:00 pm
RACE Location: Bark Park Dog Park, 9027 Haligus Rd., Lake in the Hills, IL 60156
Adult Doxie Race:
-Course 35 feet in length
-Open to adult Doxies 1 - 8 years old
- Adult Male Doxie Division (Under 15 lbs)
- Adult Female Doxie Division (Under 15 lbs)
- Adult Male Doxie Division (16 lbs+)
- Adult Female Doxie Division (16 lbs+)
Senior Doxie Race
-Course is 20 feet in length
-Open to Doxies (male/female race together) 9 years+.
-Course is 35 feet in length
-Open ANY breed of adult dogs 1-8 years old & under 30 pounds.
- Adult Male ALL BREEDS (1-8yrs; Under 30lbs)
- Adult Female ALL BREEDS (1-8yrs; Under 30lbs)
- Only registrations with proof of vaccinations will be accepted.
- All Dogs must be registered, 30 minutes prior to their race time. Names/numbers for each heat will only be called twice.
- Owners of registered dogs participating in the derby will need to show the veterinary shot records for all participating dogs (Need proof of up to date Rabies and Distemper Vaccinations Only.)
- All proof of vaccinations must be received by 5:00pm on Tuesday, August 29, 2017. This means you must have registered online, paid for the race and submitted your dog’s proof of vaccinations.
- You can scan/email proof of vaccinations to email@example.com , or drop off physical copies to the Lake in the Hills Parks and Recreation Department desk.
- All dogs must be checked in at the registration booth and receive a race day ID or they will not be acknowledged as registered and therefore will not be allowed to participate in the derby.
- Day of Event Registration
- Spots are first come first serve and subject to availability.
- If spots are not readily available, you will be put on a waiting list. Payment is required to be placed on a waiting list and is non-refundable.
- Heats are not guaranteed and may not open for your Dog to be placed in.
- Exhibition heat may be instituted and will not qualify for awards.
- Credit cards only for race day registration. Cash/Check is not accepted.
Arrive early to allow enough time to register (at least 15 mins is needed for day of event registration process).
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy.
Early Packet Pick-Up
Date: Thursday, August 31,2017
Time: 9:00am - 7:30PM.
Location: LITH Village Hall, Parks and Rec Dept., 600 Harvest Gate, LITH
- Must be a Doxie/Mixed Doxie, or under 30 pound non-doxie to enter the races.
- Determination of the dog being a dachshund will be made at registration and/or by the judges.
- Each participating dog must be accompanied by 2 humans, ONE human to release dog from start gate and ONE human to catch dog at the finish line.
- Minors may participate, but they must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the check in procedure.
- Humans should not carry any loose articles onto the racetrack.
- Humans should wear comfortable shoes. No flip-flops. Only canines will be allowed to be barefoot.
- The race course will consist of 6 racing lanes with color designation. The race course surface will be grass/turf.
- Race lanes will be 2 feet in width. Dogs are not required to stay in lanes. All races will have officials on the course.
- The dogs will wear color bandannas or collars provided at race check-in for winner identification. This is a requirement for each participant and not optional.
- Do not toss your dogs to start the races as it is better for them and you as they do run a lot faster when their feet stay on the ground.
- Any dogs that jump the start whistle will be disqualified at the judges’ discretion.
- The first dog to completely cross the finish line is considered the winner. You may NOT run alongside the dog during the race.
- Your dog may step out of bounds but must re-enter and completely cross the finish line, within the boundaries, without being grabbed. If the dog is touched by the handler before completely crossing the finish line, the dog will be disqualified.
- Dogs must cross the line within 2 minutes from the starting whistle or will be disqualified.
- Owners can have Dog's favorite TOY or TREAT behind the finish line to help motivate them during the race. Laser lights or shinning lights down the track is NOT allowed. NO throwing balls down the track.
- A tip for all catcher: The closer you are to the finish line, the more likely your dog is going to slow down before the finish line. Please remember and stay back from the lines.
- Absolutely no smoking, alcohol, drugs, or weapons of any type or material.
- No wagering on races/derby permitted.
- Absolutely no selling of puppies or adult dogs of any breeds.
- REMEMBER: The only thing serious about this race is the FUN! Judges’ decisions will be final. For the safety of everyone concerned, event staff reserves the right to refuse participation to humans who cannot meet all qualifications of the race.
- For their own safety, all dogs must be on leash until they are ready to run the race. Non-participating dogs must remain on a leash while in Sunset Park.
- All breeds of dogs are welcome to attend the derby. They must be well socialized and accustomed to being around other dogs for everyone's safety.
- ALL dogs must be wearing current tags.
- Any dog that bites another dog, person or handler will not be permitted at the races.
- Interfering with any handler and/or dog will be grounds for automatic removal from the derby and all registration fees forfeited.
- Dogs in heat are not permitted.
- DO NOT leave animals in car. Event staff reserves the right to involve the proper authorities if an animal is deemed at risk.
- All creatures great and small shall clean up after themselves.
- All creatures great and small shall have the opportunity to enjoy themselves.
- These rules may be modified at any time by event organizers.
- The derby will be held rain or shine.
- Races will be conducted in heats according to the number of entrants in each division with a 10-15 minute break between heats/divisions.
- Heats will have up to 6 max dogs at a time per judge’s discretion, and the number of qualifying heats will depend on the number of entrants.
- A final race with the fastest dogs from each divisions heat will be run to determine final overall champion of each division.
- First place winners in all the divisions will receive a trophy/prize package from our sponsors and vendors. 2nd and 3rd place overall winners will receive trophy only.
- Exhibition heats may be instituted and will not qualify for awards.
- All awards must be picked up during the day of the event. Awards will not be mailed.