Although most people dislike it when the weather turns cooler,
CaniCross athletes know that's when the FUN begins!
We have finalized our calendar, determined the trails, and all we are missing in this recipe for fun is you and your four legged companion!
Mark your calendars and plan on joining us for the
2017-2018 XCThrillogy CaniCross Season!
Registration for the CANIXC Season Series includes entrance into all SEVEN of our 2017-2018 CaniCross events:
- Pike River Trail Run/Walk: September 30th, 2017 9:30 a.m. Petrifying Springs Park Kenosha Wisconsin. This CaniCross event will be 3.5 miles with some wide open areas, technical single track, and an optional river crossing.
- Trail Dog Running*: November 5th, 2017 10:00 a.m. KD Park Twin Lakes WI KD Park is the perfect place for this CaniCross exclusive event with its wide groom trails, challenging hills, and picturesque views. You can choose short course (1.5 miles) in the morning or afternoon, 3.5 miles(afternoon), or long course (7.0 miles ~ morning). Registration only includes entrance into one event. If you desire to run more than one event, please contact us and we will send you information on how to register.
- Hateya Trail Run: December 9th, 2017 10:30 a.m. Petrifying Springs Park Kenosha, Wisconsin. Petrifying Springs in the perfect place to run in December! The air is crisp and the trails are protected. This 3 mile loop will be the same terrain as the the Pike River Trail Run/Walk event, but not the same trails!
- im Schnee fesitzen Trail Run: January 22nd, 2018 10:30 a.m. Bristol Woods County Park Bristol, Wisconsin. Mother nature doesn't scare you when you have a built in fur coat! This 3 mile CaniCross event consists of a single track course with some rolling hills in a winter wonderland.
- Boreas Trail Adventure: February 18th, 2018 10:30 a.m. Bristol Woods County Park, Bristol, Wisconsin. Although this event is at the same venue as im Schnee, it will not be the same race. The Boreas Trail Adventure 3 mile loop will have you exploring a different part of Bristol Woods, but will end with the same warmth of a job well done.
- Hills are Alive Trail Run/Walk: March 11th, 2018 10:30 a.m. KD Park, Twin Lakes, Wisconsin This unique hill and dale course allows you to choose either a 3 or 6 mile run to challenge yourself and your four legged friend and rewards you scenic overlooks and views of a crystal clear lake.
- Midwest CaniCross Championships*: April 7th, 2018 10:30 a.m. KD Park, Twin Lakes, Wisconsin. The final event of the season, the championship race, returns to KD Park. This CaniCross event will have short course (1.5 miles) in the morning or afternoon, 3.5 miles, or long course (7.0 miles). Registration only includes entrance into one event. If you desire to run more than one event, please contact us and we will send you information on how to register. Event is open to all CaniCross experience levels.
In addition to all the fun that you will have at these events, registration for the CANIXC Season Series will receive a long sleeve XC Canicross t-shirt! (image coming soon)
Asterisks (*) indicate these events are CANICROSS ONLY events. Otherwise, CaniCross is a division is a part of a larger, run/walk event hosted by Kenosha Running Company and part of the XCThrillogy trail events. The CaniCross event always starts first giving the dog and human athletes enough lead time to ensure the safety of all participating in the event.
For more information about any of the above events, please visit our website at www.xcthrillogy.com. There you will find more detailed event descriptions, distances, and registration for the run/walk events that are non-exclusive CaniCross events. Be sure to encourage those who do not run with dogs to join you for their own trail adventure. They will not be disappointed!
We LOVE the trails as much as you and your furry friend(s) do! A portion of the proceeds from all of these events go towards supporting the parks through the Kenosha County Parks Trail Maintenance and Restoration Fund or the Pringle Nature Center.
Feel free to contact us with any questions you have regarding these, or any of our XCThrillogy trail events: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com