Chicago Lakefront 50/50
Join us on 10/30/2021
Chicago Lakefront 50/50 Race Description
...Fastest 50-mile race times for any race in the U.S. (2017) for both men and women. - Ultrarunning Magazine, February 2018
Registration will open on 1/1/2021 or sooner!
Race details below may change due to COVID restrictions
Southside Location. The Start/Finish Area is located at Jackson Park Grove 19A & 19B. The address is 5700 E. Hayes Drive, Chicago, IL 60649. This is also 6300 S. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60649, on the West side of Lake Shore Dr.
50M: 6:30 AM (11-hour time limit)
50K: 8:30 AM (9-hour time limit)
Early Start Option:
Early starts are available to any runner who wants to do so but you will not officially be in the competition (overall or age group).
The way it works is to first see Pat Onines (Co-Race Director) on race day at the Start/Finish area. He will add you to the early start list. He will also mark the bottom of your bib # with an “ES”. You may then start whenever you wish and time yourself. You’ll be responsible to know the course especially where the turn-around is, and aid stations might not be available until the official race starts. When you finish, you’ll get a medal and a “Finished” in the official results with no time. Be sure to let the finish line crew know you were an early starter to avoid any confusion with those being timed. They will take the bottom of your bib # and give it to Pat as evidence of your finish.
Please remember that early starters or those that finish after the race time limit will have a “Finished” in the results but will not receive a position or a time.
Course (course has been changed to a 6.25 mile loop course due to COVID-19):
- The course is a 6.25 mile loop (3 miles out and 3 miles back)
- Consists of 5 out-and-back segments for the 50k and 8 for the 50 mile
- The races follow the Lakefront running path
- Mostly asphalt with some concrete sections
- One of the flattest 50 mile and 50k courses in North America
Recognition for Individual and Course Record Performances:
Unfortunately, the course is not USATF certified due to the changes that had to be made, so recognition by USATF for records set may not be possible.
- Belt buckles to 50 mile finishers 11 hours and under (no early starters)
- Medals to all 50K finishers
- Overall winning male and female plaques
- First place overall male and female will also receive a 15-serving bulk bag of Tailwind Recovery
- Second and Third place overall male and female will receive a Tailwind water bottle and single serving packets of Tailwind Recovery
Long Sleeve Tech Shirt to every paid participant
Aid Stations: (Details still pending and may change)
- The start/finish/turnaround location will be the only aid station and will be stocked with water, Tailwind, Coke, Mountain Dew, and a variety of food items.
- There will be a drop bag area at the start/finish location for runners to access their own hydration, nutrition, and clothing needs.
- Runners are strongly encouraged to carry their own bottles or hydration vest in order to complete each out and back loop self-sustained. However, crew support along the course will be allowed. Crew/spectators will need to abide by the Chicago Park District "Keep It Moving" guidelines for the lakefront path usage.
- Details for how the aid stations will be set up to ensure safe and healthy measures are maintained will be emailed to participants closer to the race date.
Fees for 50k race (Subject to change):
Through July 31: $55
August 1 through September 15: $60
September 16 through October 27: $70
October 28: No Registration
October 29 and 30: $80 (At Packet Pickup and Race Day Registration - Cash/Check Only)
Fees for 50 mile race (Subject to change):
Through June 30: $75
July 1 through August 1: $80
August 2 through September 15: $85
September 16 through October 27: $90
October 28: No Registration
October 29 and 30: $100 (At Packet Pickup and Race Day Registration - Cash/Check Only)
Packet Pickup / Runner Check-In:
- All participants must check in on race morning prior to the start of their event.
- Packet Pickup will take place at the race start/finish area and will begin at least 45 minutes before the start of each event.
Get ready for the Chicago Lakefront 50/50
- Location: Chicago, IL 60640
- Race Date: 2021/10/30 06:30:00 AM (Saturday)
- 50 Mile