The Arkansas ALE Run- 2018
Four Beers, One Mile and One Extraordinary Cause.
Arkansas ALE Run benefiting ALS will answer what we’ve all wondered from time to time, “Why can’t I exercise and drink beer at the same time?” Well wonder no more!
Runners, walkers, rollers and drinkers unite for a fun-filled event capped off by an unforgettable cause.Featuring live music, gourmet food, games and great people.Think you’ve got what it takes? Let’s find out!
* Root Beer will be served to those under 21 or non-drinkers.
ALL RACERS MUST HAVE A DESIGNATED DRIVER TO RETURN THEM HOME
ALE RUN RULES
1. Each competitor or relay team drinks four cans of beer and runs four laps around Pleasant Ridge Shopping Center (start – beer, then lap, then beer, then lap, then beer, then lap – finish).
2. Beer must be consumed before the lap is begun, within the transition area which is the 10 meter zone before the start/finish line.
3. The race begins with the drinking of the first beer in the last meter of the transition zone to ensure the competitors run a complete mile (1609 meters). ( Beer will be provided) or you may BYOB.
4. Competitors must drink canned beer.
5. No specialized cans or bottles may be used that give an advantage by allowing the beer to pour at a faster rate. ie “super mega mouth cans” or “wide mouth bottles” are prohibited.
6. Beer cans must not be tampered with in any manner, ie. no shotgunning or puncturing of the can except for opening the can by the tab at the top. The same applies with bottles – no straws or other aids are allowed in order to aid in the speed of pouring.
7. Beer must be a minimum of 2% alcohol by volume.
8. Each beer can must not be opened until the competitor enters the transition zone on each lap.
9. Competitors who vomit before they finish the race must complete one penalty lap at the end of the race (immediately after the completion of their 4th lap). Note: Vomiting more than once during the race still requires only one penalty lap at the end. * It is strongly recommended, when attempting official records, to tip the empty beer can or bottle over your head at the end of a chug to verify an empty vessel.
*All Arkansas ALE attendees are expected to drink responsibly. You must plan ahead. Any guest who is believed to be intoxicated when entering the event will be denied entry, and a refund for your admission will not be provided. No need to “pre-party”. Any attendee who is found intoxicated or causing general disturbance will be asked to leave the facility without a refund.
Every participant and spectator must arrange for safe transportation post event. Water will be available at each beer station and we encourage everyone to party responsibly with us. We take great care to ensure everyone has a safe and epic experience.
Enjoy! & Thank You for supporting those living with ALS in Arkansas.