1ST ANNUAL HEROES WALK/RUN
A Wish Come True is the oldest wish granting organization in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. We grants wishes to children who are suffering from a life threatening illness. Family, friends and support teams are invited to this fun filled and celebratory event, as we highlight our Wish Kids and their families as the real super heroes they truly are! Our job on this walk is to pay it forward so others can have amazing family support trips.
Please join us to walk or run at our 1st Annual Heroes Walk/Run which will take place on Saturday, September 21st at Warwick City Park. This superhero-themed event is going to be a fun, family-friendly event, with something for everyone! Funds raised during this event will be allocated towards our upcoming Wishes. There will be refreshments, food, games, and raffles for all throughout the event at our “Superhero Central”.
Where: Warwick City Park, 185 Asylum Road, Warwick, RI 02886
Event Start and Check-in Time: 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Walk Begins: 10:00 AM
Event Ends: 2:00 PM
Those who register online will automatically receive their very own online participant/fundraising page. Please utilize our online fundraising tools to help meet your fundraising goal and/or to invite family and friends to join you at the Walk. We encourage all of our participants to be fundraisers and help us meet our event fundraising goal!
Individual participants who are not included in a team will be: $25.00 for an adult (ages 14 and up) and $10.00 for a child (ages 13 and under).
We also encourage Team Building! You can become a team captain and create a team for $10.00, in addition to the registration fee.
Form a team to...
· Honor a past, present, or future Wish Child.
· Gather family and friends for a healthy Saturday morning outing.
· Recruit co-workers for friendly, out-of-the-office competition.
· Bring classmates, family and friends, co-workers, and others together.
Team Captain Roles and Responsibilities:
· Establish a team name
· Recruit, organize, and build your team... communicate how to register online.
· Ensure a minimum of 3 individuals have registered under your team name (this number includes you as the Team Captain).
· Communicate reminders about the race.
· Team members can be any combination of runners, walkers and/or kids.
· Collecting additional donations is optional and is very much appreciated!
· GET CREATIVE AND HAVE FUN!
For event specific information, please contact Nicole at 401-935-9501 or email Nicole@awishcometrue.org. You can also call the office at 401-781-9199.
A Wish Come True Office: 1010 Warwick Ave. Warwick, RI 02888
Mary-Kate O’Leary, Executive Director
Susan Baker, Finance and Administration Manager
Nicole White, Wish Coordinator
Amy Conlan, Fund Development Associate