Wellfleet Sprint Triathlon
Join us on 06/17/2023
Wellfleet Sprint Triathlon Race Description
Dubbed "a great race in a most beautiful place," Wellfleet is one of Cape Cod's most picturesque villages -- and the Wellfleet Triathlon perfectly fits with the character and atmosphere of the town. Most of the race traverses the scenic Cape Cod National Seashore, and parts of the run and bike course overlook the majestic Atlantic Ocean. The Wellfleet Sprint Triathlon began in 2011 as the Lower Cape Sprint Triathlon and remains a major fundraiser for Cape Cod's only nonprofit community radio station: WOMR.
It is important to keep athletes, volunteers and staff safe! As guidelines shift for events of this type we will update this race's website page and post to Facebook.
A 1/4-mile swim in the clear waters of a glacier-created "kettle pond"; a 10-mile paved bike course along the rolling hills of the Cape Cod National Seashore; and a 3.1-mile run past the famed Beachcomber Bar with a water stop overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Both bike and run courses, traversing a natural pine forest, will be closed to vehicular traffic.
TRI IT YOUR WAY (VIRTUAL CATEGORY)
Can't make it in person? No Problem!
Here's how Tri It Your Way works:
1) Pick your triathlon activities! Remember, you can either swim the 400 yards or choose another activity to do for 10 minutes. The bike needs to be at least 10 miles and the run needs to be at least a 5K (yes, you may go over, but not under!).
2) SAFETY FIRST! Make sure you are taking all the safety precautions when swimming, biking, and running. This means not swimming alone and following all the rules of the road (or trail). Just like all the precautions you take when training or racing an event, we want you to be safe.
3) Record each activity with your watch, or phone, or bike computer.
4) Document your tri! Whether it’s someone taking pictures of you “racing” or stopping for a selfie mid-run. We want to see you in action! Dogs, kids, partners, friends (socially distanced, of course) are encouraged to join in with you!
5) Go to our event page and post your “race” data and your pictures. OR email your pics and race data to email@example.com.
“Tri It Your Way” runs from June 5 - 12. Race any day within this time period.
Prizes will be awarded the week of June 12, based on the pictures and race data that is submitted. Prize categories range from “Best run with dog” to “Prettiest View” to “Best alternate swim activity.” We have lots of fun swag to give you!
Two Options for Packet Pickup:
Friday, June 4th from 4-6pm at Long Pond
Saturday, June 5 from 6-7:30am.
All participants: BRING ID. If you have a USAT annual membership, BRING USAT ID CARD. You will be able to pick up packets for others!
Yes! Your choice: 2-person or 3-person.
Results will count toward national and regional rankings. All USAT rules and regulations will apply. Racers are subject to time penalties or disqualification for infractions of USAT rules.
Please note: You will need at least a 1-day USA Triathlon membership in order to race any sanctioned triathlon (including this one). Follow prompts through registration to choose a 1-day ($15) or Annual ($50) Membership.
Race Day Schedule:
Registration/Packet Pick-Up Opens: 6:00am, Long Pond, Wellfleet
Race Start Time: 8:00am
Start/Finish Line: Long Pond, Wellfleet
Parking: Wellfleet Elementary School (Lawrence Rd, Wellfleet)
Ride your bike to registration/transition or jump on the Funk Bus.
Pond swim, closed bike and run courses with plenty of hills.
- Location: Wellfleet, MA 02667
- Race Date: 2023/06/17 08:00:00 AM (Saturday)
Wellfleet Sprint Triathlon Where & When
Wellfleet Sprint Triathlon Reviews
Other Races You May Want to Consider
Wellfleet, MA Weather
Last year the weather condition was Moderate or heavy rain shower.