Ward's Pooch N Prairie Run
Join us on 03/10/2024
Ward's Pooch N Prairie Run Race Description
This even is very beginner friendly with small elevation gains through open prairie and into a small wooded section seeing wildlife is almost a guarantee. Throw in a couple of bridge crossings over small creeks and you have the recipe of a perfect trail run in southeast Kansas.
Run primarily on the Cat Claw Trail, this looped event gives participants the ability to run 3.3, 6.6, 9.9, or 13.2 miles making it perfect for all trail runners and canicrossers.
Please note that all racers must have a state parking pass.
Additionally, to participate in the canicross event, you must agree to the Kenosha Running Company,XCThrillogy, and CaniCross USA CaniCross Participant Event Waiver found below:
I acknowledge that in bringing my pet to participate in XCThrillogy, CaniCross USA, and/or Kenosha Running Company partner events I am doing so at my sole risk. Any cost and expense and any harm that may come to the animal(s) shall be my sole responsibility; and in attending an XCThrillogy, CaniCross USA, and or Kenosha Running Company partner event with my pet(s), should any injury occur to any person, other animal, or property as a result of the behavior of my animal(s), whether expected or unexpected, regardless of the stimulus for the behavior (pets spontaneous conduct, conduct of another animal, conduct of any person or thing, or any combination therein) I will be solely liable and held responsible for any injury, or property damage that results from my participation (including any attorney fees) and that neither I and any other person or entity with a legal claim on said animal: 1) will indemnify, hold harmless; 2) protect and defend the Sponsors in any such claim resulting from said incident to said animal. Further, I and any other person or entity with a legal claim on said animal will further exempt Kenosha Running Company; and its sponsors for any and all claims of damages and liability from injury, property damage, loss, claim or expense resulting from the behavior of my animal; and to report any and all such injuries or incidents to XCThrillogy, CaniCross USA, and/or the Kenosha Running Company.
I also certify or understand that:
- Dogs need to be in good health.
- Aggressive dogs towards other dogs or a person will be asked to step away, if it happens again any point, even during the run/walk, the dog will need to leave the event.
- Dogs that attempt to bite another dog or person, need to immediately leave the public area and return to the car. The dog will not be allowed to run in the event or return to the public area. CaniCross USA is not responsible for the action of a dog at an event, specifically dog bites and attacks.
- Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dog in a proper way.
- Dogs are not permitted in any enclosed buildings or enclosed shelters.
- Dogs must be on a 3 foot or shorter leash prior to the start of the event except to warm up.
- Once done running or walking the event, the dog must put on the short leash.
- No special gear is required to run or walk, but all dogs must be on a running line, leash or
similar that is in total control of the owner.
Get ready for the Ward's Pooch N Prairie Run
- Location: Fall River, KS 67047
- Race Date: 2024/03/10 08:30:00 AM (Sunday)
- Individual Trail Run with t-shirt
- Individual Trail Run without t-shirt
- Individual Canicross with t-shirt
- Individual Canicross without t-shirt