IT'S BACK! RED BULL 400 RETURNS TO COPPER PEAK, THE ICONIC SKI FLYING HILL IN IRONWOOD MICHIGAN, FOR THE STEEPEST 400 METER RACE IN THE WORLD.
Due to the high demand in the inaugural race, we have increased the number of participation spots.
Be sure to register now as spots will fill up quickly.
EVENT DATE May 11th 2019
LOCATION Copper Peak | N13870 Copper Peak Rd, Ironwood, MI 49938
TICKET COST (All ticket includes complimentary lunch, a Red Bull 400 medal and a race t-shirt)
$60 - Coed 4:15pm heat - SOLD OUT
$60 - Men/Women/Coed Solo ($10 discount for Military, EMT, Firefighters, Ski Patrol and First Responders with proper ID) - SOLD OUT
$100 - Choose Your Heat - SOLD OUT
*Schedule is subject to change due to weather or other conditions / Tickets are non-refundable
PACKET PICK UP
Grab your race gear early by stopping by the Red Bull 400 packet pick up!
Red Bull Welcome Dinner
After picking up your packet on Friday at Indianhead, stop by their restaurant for dinner and choose from their speciality menu. Reservations required - (800) 346-3426
PARKING AT COPPER PEAK IS AVAILABLE TO RACE PARTICIPANTS, VIP, ADA AND SIDE BY SIDES ONLY. PLEASE NOTE THAT PARKING ON SITE IS LIMITED DUE TO RECENT WEATHER AND WILL BE A GIVE ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASES. ONCE THIS LOT IS FULL, ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL BE DIRECTED TO PARK IN THE SPECTATOR PARKING AREA.
SPECTATOR PARKING AVAILABLE AT “THE NARROWS” (GRAVEL LOT 2.5 MILES BEFORE COPPER PEAK)
Red Bull 400 AFTER PARTY
Join us after the race at Cold Iron Brewing at 104 S Lowell St, Ironwood, MI 49938 for music and drinks!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION
I would like to be in the same heat as my friend, how do I sign up to ensure we are in the same heat?
When registering, choose "Choose My Heat." You will then be able to request a specific heat time. You should have your friend register for the same heat time as well.
What type of equipment is needed?
Typical running or trail running shoes. No cleats.
I can no longer participate in the event, how can I get a refund?
Tickets are refundable until Friday April 19th at 12:00pm CST. After 12:00pm CST on Friday April 19th, 2019, tickets will not be refunded. If prior to April 19th 2019, 12:00pm CST, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can spectators attend?
Yes, spectators, friends and family are welcome to attend.
How can I get media credentials, who can I talk to about media coverage?
Please contact Sam Fink at Samantha.Fink@RedBull.com
Can I take and share pictures or videos at the event?
Photos may be taken and shared on social media websites. Professional photo equipment (extended lenses, professional video cameras) is not allowed except for pre-registered media.
Will there be food and beverages available?
Yes, there will be plenty of food and beverages available for purchase.
Where can I park?
Participants will receive free on site parking. Spectators can park at an off-site location (details coming soon) for a suggested donation of $5.00. All parking proceeds will go to Copper Peak.
Is it open to anyone?
No, you must be 16 years of age or older. *If under 18 you need to have a parent or guardian with you at registration to sign release waiver.
How do I volunteer to work?
If you are interested in being a volunteer, please reach out to Kassi at email@example.com
1. No physical contact between racers. Physical contact can potentially be reviewed for disqualification
2. No Poles, No Spikes
3. Plastic spikes or any traction devices are NOT allowed
4. Dogs on leash allowed
5. Slow runners stay to the right – if you are having difficulty-completing heat, you must move to the right of the course. If you do not place yourself on the right, you may face disqualification.
6. You must make it off the hill and onto the ramp within the first 10 minutes of your heat. If you do not make it to the ramp within the first 10 minutes, you will be eliminated.
7. No touching, grabbing, holding onto the sidewalls.
8. Stairs are for spectators and descending participants only; you must complete the course via the constructed ramp up the middle. Using the stairs in the uphill direction is grounds for disqualification
9. If you are finding you cannot finish the race, your pullout point of the race is the midway prior to the ramp. If you need assistance getting down, we will provide you a shuttle at the midway or finish line.
10. Once you step on the ramp, you must complete the course.
11. You are not allowed to turn back on the course at any point in time.
12. From the top, all racers must take the designated staircase to return to the base. Vehicle shuttles are available for racers in need.
13. If you kick a rock loose on the lower slope, please turn immediately and yell “rock” to everyone below
14. Must be 16+ to participate
15. ID must be presented at bib pickup
16. Bib transfers are not permitted
17. No smoking or open flame of any kind due to the level of fire risk
18. No refunds on registration after Friday April 19th at Noon CST>
19. Portable music devices are not allowed
20. Aid Stations will be at the top of the course as well as in the Athlete’s Lounge at the base.
21. Once you complete the course, you must clear the finish line area within 10 seconds. If unable to do so, volunteers will assist you in moving to a rest area
22. If you miss your heat, see a race official for options.
23. Top 40 female times will race in the finals and the top 3 finishers of the final heat will be crowned the winners.
24. Top 40 male times will race in the finals and the top 3 finishers of the final heat will be crowned the winners.
25. HAVE FUN!
Registration Policy - https://www.redbull.com/us-en/registration-policy