The evening Run/Walk allows for you to start the weekend off right! Come for the Run/Walk and stay for the entertainment at the Sunset Festival. Options are available for a fun 2 mile run/walk (untimed), fun 5k run/walk (untimed) or a timed 5k (with awards).
The Summer Sunset Festival was developed to promote a community festival for the Labor Day weekend. All those who are involved in this weekend are volunteers of the community. We encourage all participants and their families to stay and listen to the bands, enjoy the variety of food and the fun of the carnival or perhaps come back with your family on Saturday or Sunday. More information on Summer Sunset Festival: www.summersunsetfest.com
RACE DATE: Friday, September 1, 2017
RACE DAY REGISTRATION: 5:30-6:45pm
RACE START TIME: 7:00 pm
RACE Location: Sunset Park, 9200 Haligus Road
- ONLY online registration will be taken for this event. Cash/Check on-site payment will not be accepted.
- Unisex Technical shirt size guaranteed if registered by July 31, 2017.
- Prices listed do not include processing fee's.
- Registration is non-refundable and race numbers are non-transferrable.
Early Packet Pick-Up
Pick up your race shirt, coupons & more!
Date: Thursday, August 31,2017
Time: 9:00am - 6:00PM.
Location: LITH Village Hall, Parks and Rec Dept., 600 Harvest Gate, LITH
RACE DAY HEADQUARTERS
*NOTE* Due to Festival activities Race Day Headquarters and the race route have been relocated. REVIEW the course map prior to race day!
NEW LOCATION: Sunset Park, 9200 Haligus Road
- 5:30PM Race Day Registration, Packet Pick-Up
- 6:45 PM Race Day Registration Closes
- 7:00 PM Race Start
RULES & GUIDELINES
Parking: Free parking is available in the Sunset Park lot.
Awards for chip timed only: 1st-8th Place Male & 1st-8th Place Female (no age group awards).
Refund/Deferral/Cancellation: In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the LITH Parks and Recreation Department (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available the next business day at LITH Village Hall, 600 Harvest Gate. Information will be available on Village of LITH website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy.
Safety & Inclement Weather
- Baby strollers/joggers/carriers allowed in the 5K Run or 5k Walk & must start in the back
- For your safety and the safety of others, please allow room for faster individuals to pass you. If you are running or walking with friends, please do not line-up more than two abreast.
- Gear check is not available at this race.
- Race participants should be prepared to run in any weather.
- In the case of scattered showers (no thunder/lightning)- the race will take place. Use caution during the race as roadways may be slippery.
- In the case of a weather-related cancellation, we will not be able to reschedule or refund registration.
- We will monitor radar in the case of potential thunder and lightning storms and make final determination on race day at 7:00am.
- The event will take place rain or shine unless there are conditions that may affect the safety and health of the participants. If dangerous weather conditions occur, race officials will determine if a delayed start is possible.
Many flexible sponsorship opportunities are available that include in-kind donations or monetary donations. Sponsorship starts at $50. Contact Kristi Brewer, Race Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org –or- 847-960-7463 for details.
Volunteers are essential to the success of the race. All volunteers receive a volunteer t-shirt and festival food voucher.