5k Run/Walk and 1-mile Walk-a-Thon
Join us for a beautiful summer morning 5K Run/Walk or a 1-Mile Walk-a-Thon on Saturday, August 26, 2017 at the Mt. Sterling Community Center. Proceeds directly benefit the programs and activities of the Mt. Sterling Community Center
- Prizes will be awarded for first place in the 5K Run and 5K Walk adult and youth categories.
- Stop back after the run and enjoy beverages and treats, and then join the Market Crew with 50+ vendors for the Outdoor Street Market, and the 3rd Annual Full Throttle Car Show at the Dairy Freeze!
- Visit www.mountsterlingcc.org and take the link to register and pay online, or download your race entry form, submitting it to the Center along with your entry fee.
- Download the sponsor sheet and invite your family and friends to support your run/walk and the programs and activities of the Center.
- The Mt. Sterling Community Center is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization.
Two Ways to Participate:
We are offering two ways to participate and support the community center and it's programs:
- 5k Run/Walk (8:30am start time)
- 1-mile Walk-a-Thon (9:00am start time)
- Virtual Participant / Sponsor (anytime!)
*Registration deadline to receive T-Shirt is Aug. 11th. T-shirt not guaranteed for day of race or after the deadline.
Signup for one of the events above and download the Sponsor Form. Invite friends and family to sponsor your walk/run with pledges of support!
Proceeds of the events will go towards the Mt. Sterling Community Center which is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We greatly appreciate your support! Our mission is to provide opportunities for the people of Mt. Sterling and the surrounding region to enrich their quality of life. The center is handicapped accessible and open from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. (The center may close on some Fridays in July and August at 1:00 pm). Come and visit the Mt. Sterling Community Center and see how it can become “A Place for You”!
The Mt. Sterling Community Center offers a variety of programs and activities for the residents of the Mt. Sterling community. Some are offered as special events, such as “Christmas in the Village”, Dolly & Me Tea, Easter Egg Hunt and Community Days Festival. Others offered in the summer months include the Community Garden and “Water Play Day”—water games, sprinklers and more.
- Food Pantry
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Youth Programs
- Summer Lunch Program
- Sewing Group
- Community Garden
- Bible\Book Study
- Building/Room Rental
- Open Gym
- Zumba Gold
- Bootcamp Class
- Basketball & Volleyball (open gym)
Visit us at mountsterlingcc.org and follow us on Facebook.
Thank you for supporting your Mt. Sterling Community Center!