Maverik's first seriously-fun overnight group ride from Cedar City to St. George via Orderville and Zions National Park.
$15 registration fee gets you a t-shirt and makes you committed.
Day 1 64 miles
Start June 9, 10am at 809 West 200 North, Cedar City, UT 84720
Cedar City, East to HWY 89
South on HWY 89 through Orderville
Mt. Carmel Motel and RV Park at mile 64 on the corner of HWY 89 and route 9
What to do in Orderville:
- Soup Town Cafe
- Thunderbird restaurant famous for for “Ho-Made Pies” I seriously doubt they are made by real ho's.
- Buffalo Grill Zion Mountain Resort
Places to visit: The Rock Stop
We’ll have a campfire at the RV park and I’m going to chill out and read a book.
Day 2 76 miles
Start June 10, 8am
Mt. Carmel Motel and RV Park at mile 64
East through Zions National Park
End in St. George at Tabernacle Square (50 South Main Street, St. George, UT 84770)
- The Maverik RV and truck will be tagging along to carry all the gear, hydration, your extra gear, clothing, and overnight supplies.
- Let’s plan to ride together in a single peloton of about 20 riders. This is an adventure, not a race but if you’re having trouble keeping up, take a ride on the Maverik saggin' wagon.
- We will be stopping for the day in Mt.Carmel Friday afternoon and staying the night.
- Call Lucie at the Mt. Carmel Motel and RV Park ((435) 648-2323) to reserve your camp site, or your motel room. http://www.staynearzion.com/ Bring a guitar or harmonica if you play.
- Bring $12 for Zions Park entrance fee.
- We can’t cycle through the long tunnel in Zions so we’ll use the saggin’ wagon to convey the bikes and the riders from one end of the tunnel to the other.