RIDE FOR THE CURE OF ALS (You can register the day of the race)
Come and join us for a great ride through the scenic valleys and hills of Forsyth County. This ride will support the community through various charities in Forsyth County.This year we are supporting Emory ALS Center.
The Forsyth Century Challenge will be the best ride of your life. Forsyth County has the best roads and breath taking scenery for avid cyclists. There will be support for groups who like to ride at their own pace.
The best rest stops you will find throughout the ride.The course has a 22, 35, 67, and 100 mile (mileage could change with traffic situations) ,and full SAG support throughout the ride. Come out and enjoy the great ride and the festivities during the event. We will have a variety of food, great rest stops, raffles and a lot of fun.
Optional Jerseys for purchase as well!
New for this year.
- Individual and group pictures. (FREE)
- A smorgasbord of food at the rest stops and finish line. (oatmeal cookies and home made bread of various flavors from blueberry to chocolate chip).
- Cool shirts. (Guaranteed until 9/6/20180)
- Raffles for various items.
- You can form your own teams
- Registrations for the day of.We are using a phone device for credit cards.
- Timed section for the race fanatics (7 to 10 miles on a fairly flat section)
- New maps with ride with gps. Turn by turn. Link:https://ridewithgps.com/events/61569-2018-the-van-purser-forsyth-century-chal
- The Collection at Forsyth (exit 13 off of 400)
- 8 am. In front of the Earth Fare market
- 7 am to 8 am. In the parking lot of Earth Fare (Gluten free items along with items you can carry in your jersey pockets)
- 11 am until the last rider comes in.
- Individual pictures will be taken when you finish.
- We will be taking a video during the ride.
- The Emory ALS Center is one of the largest clinical centers for ALS in the United States and provides the best care to ALS patients in the Southeast. Their slogan of “Celebrate Life, Imagine a Cure” is what they do every day. www.als.emory.edu “
- This year we will also have fundraising teams.You do not have to be in a fundraising group for this event. We would appreciate your help with donations.
- We are riding for a fellow cyclist. Van Purser is a member of the Web Bridge Cycling Group and was diagnosed with ALS. He is beginning his treatment at Emory ALS. Please join our community of cyclists and donate to to the cause.RIDE FOR THE CURE OF ALS. Thank You
Hotels and travel link
NO REFUNDS FOR THIS EVENT
TRANSFERS ARE ALLOWED
SHIRTS ARE NOT GAURANTEED AFTER 9/10/2018