Come to scenic Silverton, Colorado and participate in the day's activities for a frighteningly good time.
The Town of Silverton is happy to announce a new event this year- the 5K Z-Zone Zombie Fun Run. Dodge ravenous zombies while partaking in this 5k run/walk that circles the town of Silverton. Zombies will try and steal runner "life flags" during the course. Runners that finish with life flags will receive an "i Survived" token, those that do not will recieve "Zombie" tokens.
The run begins and ends at Memorial Park. Day-Of sign-up & check-in will begin an hour prior to race start time at 14:00 hours. Race Entry registrants who sign up online are signing up to be runners. To register as a zombie please email the Town of Silverton for more information.
We welcome all runners, zombies, and their families to join us in the evening at Kendall Mountain Recreation Center for a big scary Halloween party for all ages. There will be games, snacks, a costume contest with prizes awarded per age categories and great spooky dance music.
- Silverton is at an elevation of 9,318'. In October our weather could be beautiful, rainy, snowy, chilly or warm.
- The Run will happen rain/snow/shine.
- Please check the weather and plan dress accordingly for your comfort- we recommend layers.
- Zombies are going to grab for your life-flags ONLY!
- They may accidentaly make contact with you, but this is a no-bite event. Please know that our zombies are not actually going to try and harm you.
- Any age that feels they can complete the 5K is welcome to try.
- We do ask that all runners 12 and under are accompanied by an adult.