Celebrate the 4th of July by running the Cheyenne Firecracker 5K and helping fight hunger in Laramie County.
The race starts at the Cheyenne Depot Plaza. Enjoy the gorgeous surroundings as you run on the Cheyenne Greenway. Wave to volunteers by the Needs Inc. Food Pantry before running up the Central Avenue Viaduct. Finish strong back at the Depot Plaza and recover with snacks.
Race updates as of June 20, 2020
- The Race Committee worked with the Cheyenne and Laramie County Health Department to develop a COVID-19 Health Safety Plan for this event. We will followed the approved plan and apply social-distancing health requirements.
- The race is limited to 250 runners.
- Registration closes on July 2, 2020 at 10:00 p.m. There will be no race-day registration.
- Packet pickup will be on July 3 from 1 - 6:00 p.m. at Needs Inc. Food Panty, which is located at 900 Central Ave, Cheyenne, WY 82007. (If the race isn’t sold out, registration will open at Needs from 1-6 p.m. However, we anticipate it will be sold out.)
- Runners will be assigned to race corrals of 50, based upon registration times.
- Corrals start 10 minutes apart. The first corral at 8:00 a.m. then 8:10, 8:20, 8:30, 8:40, and 8:50.
- Each runner will get a personal, net-time. Bighorn Racing will post results online. No results will be posted at the Depot Plaza.
- Placement awards will be mailed.
- When you complete the race, you will received a snack. Runners should not congregate.
- Be safe and have fun!