Join us on 12/31/2021(race date estimated)
Twilight Race Description
Finish the year in a healthy way!! Bid farewell to the old year with a walk or run through a dazzling display of holiday lights and animation. All courses run through the lights on the lake at Lakemont Park. This race is based on a loop and the amount of laps will be dependent upon your race. Runners are allowed to do the walk portion of the race for FREE to enjoy the lights if they wish. You do not need to register again just keep your bib tag on for the walk. Race participants will receive a pass for Lights on the Lake as well!
The first 575 registrants will be guaranteed a long sleeve t-shirt. Only all 9 participants will be eligible to receive the hooded sweatshirt. Online registration closes at 11:00AM on Sunday, December 29.
Racers must wear race number to show that you are a race participant. You will have a certain color bib pertaining to what race you are participating in. If you want to change races, you may do so by calling the Blair Regional YMCA at 695-4467 before race day. NO CHANGES ON RACE DAY! If you lose your bib or need a new one issued, for any reason, there will be a $5 fee assessed. For safety reasons, headsets of any kind and pets are not permitted.
NO race registration reimbursements. Remember, if you cannot make it to the event, your registration fee is going towards a good cause.
5K & 2 Mile Run (Not a true 5k or 2 mile distance): (Start time 4pm - 5k Run, 4:30pm - 2 Mile Run)
- Start Line is at the Main Entrance of Lakemont Park. 5K Run and 2 Mile Run will start together.
- 5K runners will do 3 LAPS and 2 Mile runners will do 2 LAPS and then return through the gate back to the Finish Line at the Main Entrance of Lakemont Park. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KEEP TRACK OF YOUR LAPS
- You must wear your race number to show that you are a race participant. We will have colored bibs to show what race you will be participating in. We will be looking at bib colors to make sure no one jumps in the race!
2 Mile Walk: (Start time 5:00pm)
- You must walk as no running is allowed. If you want to run/walk PLEASE sign up for the 5K or 2 mile run
- You must wear your race number to show that you are a race participant.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Please exit the park by 5:45PM. Lights on the Lake begin their tours at 6:00PM.
RACE PACKET PICK-UP
Race packet pickup will be available at the Blair Regional YMCA on the Monday before race day from 5am to 10pm and Tuesday (Race day) from 5am to 12pm. Day of race packet pickup will only be available before the race at Lakemont Park from 2:30-3:45PM.
Awards will be given out immediately following the race. We will be awarding medals for the following categories: 5K run top 3 overall finishers, 2M Run & 2M walk overall top finishers. Awards will also be given out to the top three male and female finishers in the following age categories: 6-8, 9-11, 12-14, 15-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 & Over
Awards winners are asked to remain for the Awards Ceremony as no awards will be mailed.
We are looking for volunteers to help as road marshals along the race course. As a road marshal you will receive a race t-shirt and food after the race. Ask a friend, family member or co-worker to come along with you and enjoy all the excitement of helping out and cheering on the race participants!
Lakemont Park, 700 Park Avenue, Altoona, Pa 16601. Parking will be open in the lot Left of Lakemont Park or in the parking garage through Galactic Ice.
- Location: Altoona, PA 16602
- Race Date: 2020/12/31 04:00:00 PM (Thursday)
- 2 Mile Run
- 2 Mile Walk
Twilight Race Where & When
Twilight Race Reviews
Altoona, PA Weather
Last year the weather condition was Overcast.