Sunflower Freedom Run for Ukraine
Participate by 08/24 - 09/23/2023(race date estimated)
Sunflower Freedom Run for Ukraine Race Description
Ukraine has been fighting for its freedom and democracy more than a year. During this hard battle there is a constant need of medical and lifesaving aid. Sunflower Freedom Run for Ukraine event aims to provide much-needed medical and lifesaving support.
Goal is to deliver 500 tourniquets that help save lives to Ukraine.
From August 24 till September 23 keep moving for Ukraine!
1. You may choose from
- 5K Virtual Run/Walk with medal, shipping to USA, Canada and Ukraine
- 5K Virtual Run/Walk no medal, more goes to help Ukraine
Medals are made in Ukrainian city Zaporizhzhia, that has been heavily bombed since the beginning of the war.
International participation is encouraged! Because this race is virtual, you can run, walk or stroll anywhere in the world with friends, family or solo.
2. Optionally you may choose to donate additional amount that will go towards our goal purchasing 500 tourniquets for Ukraine. You may also choose to become a fundraiser yourself and help us reach our goal faster.
3. Log your miles as you move.
6993 km is the length of Ukrainian border. Let's run this distance together. For every logged mile there will be additional donation of $0.50, cap is $3500. Every donation goes towards providing much needed medical and lifesaving aid.
4. Post on social media with the hashtag #sunflowerfreedomrun wearing ðð blue and yellow and tag @uds_seattle.
Charity: 100% donations and registration fees will go towards purchasing tourniquets. Ukraine Defense Support is a registered non-profit organization dedicated to providing critical aid to Ukraine, started by U.S. vet Carl Larson. You can find monthly reports and more details at www.ukrainedefensesupport.org, where there’s also an option to sign up for updates via the newsletter.
- Location: Anywhere
- Race Dates: 08/24 - 09/23/2023 (race date estimated)