The Coppell Education Foundation invites you to our Annual RUN TO FUND on Saturday, May 5, 2018. This Coppell community-based 5K Timed Race and 1-Mile Fun Run will start and finish at a NEW LOCATION - Andy Brown Park East, located at 260 E. Parkway Blvd in Coppell.
Proceeds raised from the RUN TO FUND and other Coppell Education Foundation events allow us to award transformative teaching grants and bring innovative learning opportunities to all students in CISD. Additionally, $2 from every Run to Fund race entry will be contributed to your CISD Physical Education Department school of your choice.
For the 2017-2018 school year, here is a partial list of accomplishments achieved by the Coppell Education Foundation:
- We distributed $10,500 in new-teacher grants to first time educators in CISD to help them set up their classrooms at the beginning of the school year.
- We awarded 20 grants worth $41,539 for innovative learning projects to teachers from 13 CISD campuses.
- Funded student projects as part of the INCubator program at CHS.
Projects still in progress for this school year include:
- Our ROBOTICS CAMP, in cooperation with Verizon, is underway-- 60 CISD learners in 5th and 6th grade come together each week after-school to build their own robots at the Coppell Middle School West campus.
- Over 400 SUPERSTAR awards will be awarded to elementary and middle school students and teachers/staff members that go “above and beyond.”
- We will host the ACADEMIC RECOGNITION BANQUET on April 24th to honor the Top 5% of seniors from CHS and New Tech, their chosen-honored teachers, and the CISD campus Teachers of the Year.
- The 4th Annual INTERACTIVE INSTITUTE STEAM CAMP will be held June 18-22, 2018. Make plans for your incoming 7th & 8th grade learner to join us.
The Coppell Education Foundation is very proud to have raised and granted over $1.07 Million in classroom grants during the past 16 years.
- Early registration-- February 20th to March 31st
- Regular Registration-- April 1st to May 2nd
- Late Registration -- May 3rd - May 5th. Registrations on May 4th and on race day must pick up bib number and t-shirt (not guaranteed) on race day.
- Mail-In Registration is Not Available. All Registrations Must be Completed Online except for Race Day.
- Walk-up, on-site registration - acceptable forms of payment will be cash, check or credit card.
- Registrations through May 2nd will receive a 2018 Run to Fund t-shirt. Late Registrations after May 2nd & Walk-Up registrations on Race Day are not guaranteed a t-shirt. Shirts for late registrations and walk-ups will be distributed based upon availability at either Packet Pickup or Race Day. Shirts not picked up at Packet Pickup cannot be held.
- CISD Students and Staff will receive a $5/entry discount on the 5K. Staff must provide campus and ID # to qualify for discount. There is no discount for walk-up race day registrations.
- Children age 5 and under are free to participate in the 1-Mile Fun Run. Online registration is required, but an event t-shirt is not included. Additional event t-shirts may be purchased for $15 each.
- Dogs or pets are not permitted.
- Strollers are not permitted on the 5K course for safety reasons. All participants must be able to walk or run the 5K course. Strollers are allowed on the 1-Mile Fun Run.
FEES AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
(Please note all online registrations include a processing fee not included in the registration fees stated below)
- 1-MILE FUN RUN (Please note: this is the only race where strollers are allowed. No strollers on 5K course.)
- Early Registration $20
- Regular Registration $25
- Late Registration $30
- Children ages 5 and under are free. Registration is required.
- 5K RACE (Timed or Not Timed Option)- CISD Students & Staff Only
- Early Registration $25
- Regular Registration $30
- Late Registration $40
- 5K RACE (Timed or Not Timed Option) - General
- Early Registration $30
- Regular Registration $35
- Late Registration $40
- SLEEP-IN Option - T-shirts are available to purchase for $15. Shirts must be picked up at packet pickup on May 3rd or 4th. These can be add-ons/extras to a registration (all paid race registrations include a t-shirt).
PACKET PICKUP -
Ratliff Group, LLC
- Thursday, May 3rd, 12pm-7pm
- Friday, May 4th, 12pm-7pm
- Saturday, May 5th, 7am - Race Day Location
RACE DAY EVENTS
- 7:00 am Race Day Registration
- 8:00am 1-Mile Fun Run/Walk Start
- 8:30am 5K Run Start
- 9:30am 5K Awards Announced
- Parking is available at the Race site, next door at the CORE and just down the street at the City offices. Registered participants will be sent a map via email prior to the race. Parking in areas not permitted could be subject to towing or ticketing.
- Any parking outside of these designated areas is at your own risk.
5K MEDALS & AWARDS
- Overall Male & Female
- Overall Masters (Age 40+), Male & Female
- Top 3 Male & Female Finishers in the following age categories:
- Ages 5-6
- Ages 7-8
- Ages 9-10
- Ages 11-12
- Ages 13-14
- Ages 15-16
- Ages 17-18
- Ages 19-24
- Ages 25-29
- Ages 30-34
- Ages 35-39
- Ages 40-44
- Ages 45-49
- Ages 50-54
- Ages 55-59
- Ages 60+
About the Coppell Education Foundation
The Coppell Education Foundation is a nonprofit corporation 501(c)(3) chartered in June 2000. While the Foundation operates independently of the CISD, it shares a vision of enhancing education in Coppell Schools. The Foundation fosters creative and innovative approaches to education through private grants and involvement. By awarding Foundation funds, support for the students and staff of CISD is ensured for today and tomorrow.