2017 RACE RESULTS:
RACE DATE: Sunday, April 30, 2017
RACE START TIME: 8:00AM
RACE Location: AMC Lake in the Hills 12 Theaters, 311 Randall Road, Lake in the Hills, IL 60156
Since 1999 participants have enjoyed this popular, challenging course in the rolling terrain and streets that surround Woods Creek Lake.
Race Categories include:
- 10k Run (Timed)
- 5k Run (Timed)
- 5k Run/Walk(Not Timed; No race bib)
- 5k Ruck Run/Walk (Timed):Rucking turns your race into a heart health boosting endurance endeavor! Walk/Run on the same course as the runners/walkers. Ruck Sacks must weigh 30 lbs and will be weighed prior to the start/finish. If you’re rucking for fitness, you don’t need a fancy military-type pack- any backpack will do & any type of weight inside will too. (A weighted vest is also permitted as long as it weighs 30lbs). US Army Recruiting Center will be rucking right alongside you for support and encouragement during the race course.
- ONLY online registration will be taken for this event
- Unisex race jacket guaranteed if registered by March 20.
- Prices listed do not include processing fee's.
- Registration is non-refundable and race numbers are non-transferrable.
- There is no age minimum or maximum, so feel free to bring the kids or grandparents and make it a family activity. Just make sure each participant can keep the 15 minute per mile minimum pace, and that anyone under 12 is accompanied by a grown-up on course. *NOTE* awards will not be given for ages 15 & Under.
TEAM REGISTRATION Whether you are forming a team with your co-workers, friends and family, this is a great way to get active, meet new people and have fun. A team is any group of two or more people, can include all ages and abilities, and can be any combination of runners, walkers or wheelchair participants. The team captain needs to register online first, and then teammates can join the team when they register online.
- Teams can only compete in the 5K walk or 5k run.
- Team registration is easy! The team captain registers their name, shares the team name & password and team members join. When choosing a team name, be creative.
- Run or Walk teams can consist of 2 to 8 members.
- Each team member will be timed individually and run the entire distance of the race. The advantage of the team registration is the camaraderie, a chance to win the overall team award and team discounts.
Early Packet Pick-Up
Pick up your BIB Number, Timing Tag, race swag, coupons, etc!
Date: Saturday, April 29, 2017
Time: 11:00am - 2:00PM.
Location: LITH Village Hall, 600 Harvest Gate, LITH
RACE DAY HEADQUARTERS
Location: AMC Lake in the Hills 12 Theaters, 311 Randall Road, Lake in the Hills
- 6:30AM Race Day Registration, Packet Pick-Up, Ruck Weigh-In
- 7:30 AM Ruck Run/Walk Briefing
- 7:45 AM Race Day Registration Closes
- 8:00AM Race Start
RULES & GUIDELINES
Parking: Free parking is available in the AMC LITH Theatre parking lot.
- Individual walkers will receive finisher ribbon.
- Medals are awarded to the top (3) Male & Female age group runners determined by chip time (individual runners only).
- Age Groups: 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+.
- Awards will not be given for ages 15 & Under.
- Ruck Awards given for 1st- 3rd place in Overall Ruck Division only (not eligible for age group awards in 5k or 10k run).
- Team Spirit Award (Team Division only).
- Awards will be given on-site after the race. Awards not distributed post-race will be available for pick-up the following business day at the LITH Village Hall, 600 Harvest Gate. Awards will not be mailed.
Refund/Deferral/Cancellation: In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the LITH Parks and Recreation Department (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available the next business day at LITH Village Hall, 600 Harvest Gate. Information will be available on Village of LITH website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy.
Safety & Inclement Weather
- Baby strollers/joggers/carriers allowed in the 5K Run or 5k Walk ONLY & must start in the back
- For your safety and the safety of others, please allow room for faster individuals to pass you. If you are running or walking with friends, please do not line-up more than two abreast.
- Gear check is not available at this race.
- Race participants should be prepared to run in any weather.
- In the case of scattered showers (no thunder/lightning)- the race will take place. Use caution during the race as roadways may be slippery.
- In the case of a weather-related cancellation, we will not be able to reschedule or refund registration.
- We will monitor radar in the case of potential thunder and lightning storms and make final determination on race day at 7:00am.
- The event will take place rain or shine unless there are conditions that may affect the safety and health of the participants. If dangerous weather conditions occur, race officials will determine if a delayed start is possible.
- If conditions are deemed unsafe by the Parks and Recreation Department, awards ceremony will not be held. Further information will be given for awards pick-up if this portion of the event is canceled.
Many flexible sponsorship opportunities are available that include in-kind donations or monetary donations. Sponsorship starts at $25. Contact Kristi Brewer, Race Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org –or- 847-960-7463 for details.
Volunteers are essential to the success of the race. All volunteers receive a volunteer t-shirt (sizes may vary).