RACE DATE: Sunday, May 5, 2018
RACE START TIME: 8:00AM
RACE Location: AMC Lake in the Hills 12 Theaters, 311 Randall Road, Lake in the Hills, IL 60156
Since 1999 participants have enjoyed this popular, challenging course in the rolling terrain and streets that surround Woods Creek Lake.
Race Categories include:
- 10k Run (Timed)
- 5k Run (Timed)
- 5k Run/Walk(Not Timed; No race bib)
- ONLY online registration will be taken for this event
- Performance shirt size (gender specific) guaranteed if registered by March 31.
- Prices listed do not include processing fee's.
- Registration is non-refundable and race numbers are non-transferrable.
- There is no age minimum or maximum, so feel free to bring the kids or grandparents and make it a family activity. Just make sure each participant can keep the 15 minute per mile minimum pace, and that anyone under 12 is accompanied by a grown-up on course. *NOTE* awards will not be given for ages 15 & Under.
Early Packet Pick-Up
Pick up your BIB Number, Timing Tag, race swag, etc!
Date: May 1st-3rd
Location: LITH Village Hall, 600 Harvest Gate, LITH
*Note* Registration made on May 1, May 2 or May 3 will not be available at early packet pick-up. They will be available on-site, race day, during registration/packet pick-up.
RACE DAY HEADQUARTERS
Location: AMC Lake in the Hills 12 Theaters, 311 Randall Road, Lake in the Hills
- 6:30AM Race Day Registration, Packet Pick-Up
- 7:45 AM Race Day Registration Closes
- 8:00AM Race Start
RULES & GUIDELINES
Parking: Free parking is available in the AMC LITH Theatre parking lot.
- Awards will be given to the top (3) Male & Female age group runners determined by chip time (individual runners only).
- Age Groups: 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-69, 70+.
- Overall Male 5k, Overall Male 10k, Overall Female 5k,Overall Female 10k
- Awards will not be given for ages 15 & Under.
- Awards will not be given for Walk Division.
- Awards will be given on-site after the race. Awards not distributed post-race will be available for pick-up the following business day at the LITH Village Hall, 600 Harvest Gate. Awards will not be mailed.
Refund/Deferral/Cancellation: In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the LITH Parks and Recreation Department (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available the next business day at LITH Village Hall, 600 Harvest Gate. Information will be available on Village of LITH website.
Refund Policy: No refunds for any reason will be issued for this event. Entries CANNOT be transferred or deferred to another event or year. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this refund policy.
Safety & Inclement Weather
- PETS ARE NOT PERMITTED. Only service animals will be permitted on the course.
- Baby strollers/joggers/carriers allowed in the 5K Run or 5k Walk ONLY & must start in the back of the line.
- For your safety and the safety of others, please allow room for faster individuals to pass you. If you are running or walking with friends, please do not line-up more than two abreast.
- Gear check is not available at this race.
- Race participants should be prepared to run/walk in any weather.
- In the case of scattered showers (no thunder/lightning)- the race will take place. Use caution during the race as roadways may be slippery.
- In the case of a weather-related cancellation, we will not be able to reschedule or refund registration.
- We will monitor radar in the case of potential thunder and lightning storms and make final determination on race day at 7:00am.
- The event will take place rain or shine unless there are conditions that may affect the safety and health of the participants. If dangerous weather conditions occur, race officials will determine if a delayed start is possible.
- If conditions are deemed unsafe by the Parks and Recreation Department, awards ceremony will not be held. Further information will be given for awards pick-up if this portion of the event is canceled.
Many flexible sponsorship opportunities are available that include in-kind donations or monetary donations. Sponsorship starts at $25. Contact Kristi Brewer, Race Director, at email@example.com –or- 847-960-7463 for details.
Volunteers are essential to the success of the race. All volunteers receive a volunteer t-shirt (sizes may vary).
VOLUNTEER SIGN-UP LINK: http://signup.com/go/sNTOtuH