Little Sisters of the Poor
Jeanne Jugan Residence
The Little Sisters of the Poor of Los Angeles have served in Southern California since 1905. The first home was St. Anne’s in Boyle Heights. It became structurally obsolete over time. In 1979, the Little Sisters moved to San Pedro and opened the Jeanne Jugan Residence. The Little Sisters serve the elderly poor without regard to ethnic or religious background. They offer lifelong security and care for the elderly in a home-like setting, surrounding them with thoughtful attention, spiritual support and appropriate medical care. The Little Sisters uphold the dignity and value of each life promote the well-being of every needy elderly person and keep vigil with them when dying. The Sisters embrace poverty and depend on the generosity of others who are willing to share in their mission.
Our home currently has approximately 100 Residents men and women. 70% are over the age of 80.
The Little Sisters provide a continuum of care:
1. The Independent Living Apartments (14 units) are for individuals capable of their own care. The apartments were opened in 2002.
2. Residential Care (24 licenses) is provided in private rooms for Residents who are the most physically capable and require limited assistance with medicine and personal needs.
3. Assisted Living (36 licenses) is provided for Residents who require additional custodial care such as dressing and bathing, assistance with getting out of bed, going to the bathroom or dining room. Wheel chair dependent residents reside here.
4. Skilled Nursing (27 licenses) is provided for Residents who receive hospital-type care 24 hours a day by licensed, trained professionals. These Residents have dining services on their floor.
The proceeds from our 5K Run/Walk will contribute to our general operating budget so that we may continue to make the elderly happy as we build a tomorrow of love and hope for our eldest brothers and sisters in our home.
The Little Sisters of the Poor
The Little Sisters of the Poor are an international congregation founded in Brittany, France by St. Jeanne Jugan in 1839. Since their inception, the Little Sisters have given quality care to over 1,000,000 aged poor. Today 2,700 Little Sisters serve in over 200 homes in 30 countries around the world.
Top three runners (male and female)
Top runners in age brackets:
10 & under, 11–15, 16–19, 20–29, 30–39,
40–49, 50–59, 60–69, 70+
Parish Pride: Parish with the most
School Challenge: School with the most
registered runners; winning school will be
awarded the “FLYING NUN” traveling trophy
to place in their trophy case for a year.
T- Shirts details
• T- Shirt with our Little Sisters 5K Run/Walk logo guaranteed to all runners registered by March
• Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee availability of t-shirts for those registered after the deadline.
- The 5K will be 3 laps around the trail in the park
- T-Shirt/ Packets pick up - You may pick up you race packet on Friday, April 21 between 8:30a - 5:00pm at LSP, 2100 S. Western Ave ,San Pedro, CA 90731 or the morning of race at 7:00am
- Contact Development Department (310) 548-0625