Race Starts at 8am at Andrew Brown West Park. On-Site Registration is open at 7am.
On Saturday, June 30th, Get You In Shape is hosting the 9th Annual Coppell 5K benefiting Special Olympics Teams of Coppell. It is a community event with a 1-mile fun run, a timed 5K Race and a virtual option as well. We have partnered with the City of Coppell for the second consecutive year and this race is part of "Celebrate Coppell" and the July 4th festivities.
For the past 8 years, the Coppell 5K has raised over $72,000 in support of our local Coppell Special Olympic Athletes. Our goal for the 9th Annual Coppell 5K is to continue to rally around these athletes with special needs and provide the financial support that this great organization needs. Coppell Special Olympics receives 90% of their funding from this one event. This financial support enables the athletes to receive letter jackets at their annual Special Olympics Banquet and provides banners and signage for traveling competitions. Annual needs also include uniforms, transportation, equipment and event fees.
The Coppell Special Olympics team is an organization dedicated to individuals with special needs. They offer opportunities for better health, fitness and confidence in a variety of programs. The mission of Special Olympics Texas is to provide year round sports training and competition in a variety of Olympic type sports. To learn more about your local Coppell Special Olympics Teams and the sports they participate in, pleasevisit www.coppellso.org.
- Early registration-- April 1st to June 16th
- Regular Registration-- June 17th to June 27th
- Registrations after June 27th and on race day must pick up bib number and t-shirt (not guaranteed) on race day. Click here to download the individual on-site registration form or click here for the family on-site registration form and bring it with you to the park on Saturday. This will help to speed things up.
- Registrations through June 27th will receive a 2018 Coppell 5K t-shirt. Late Registrations after June 27th & Walk-Up registrations on Race Day are not guaranteed a t-shirt. Shirts for late registrations and walk-ups will be distributed based upon availability at either Packet Pickup or Race Day. Shirts not picked up at Packet Pickup cannot be held.
- Children age 5 and under are free to participate in the Fun Run. Online registration is required, but an event t-shirt is not included. Additional event t-shirts may be purchased for $20 each.
- Virtual Registrations do not include a t-shirt.
FEES AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
(Please note all online registrations include a processing fee not included in the registration fees stated below)
- FUN RUN
- Early Registration $20
- Regular Registration $25
- Children ages 5 and under are free. Registration is required.
- 5K RACE (Timed or Not Timed Option)
- Early Registration $30
- Regular Registration $35
- Virtual Option - T-shirts are not included with this option. T-shirts are available to purchase for $20. Shirts must be picked up at packet pickup.
- T-Shirts can be purchased for $20 as add-ons/extras to a registration (available on race day only).
Get You In Shape Office - 509 W. Bethel Road (In the Createria Art Studio Building)
- Friday, June 29th, 11am - 7pm
- Saturday, June 30th, 7am - Race Day Location (Andrew Brown West Park)
RACE DAY EVENTS:
- 7:00 am Race Day Registration
- 8:00am 5K Run Start
- 8:20am Fun Run Start
- 9:15am 5K Awards Announced
Parking is available at Andrew Brown West Park and Andrew Brown Central Park
5K MEDALS AND AWARDS: Top Overall Male and Female and Top Finisher for each age group listed below
- Ages 12 and under
- Ages 13-14
- Ages 15-16
- Ages 17-18
- Ages 19-24
- Ages 25-29
- Ages 30-34
- Ages 35-39
- Ages 40-44
- Ages 45-49
- Ages 50-54
- Ages 55-59
- Ages 60 and over