North Creek Explorer 5K Run/Walk Race Description
We invite you to join us in person this year for the 13th Annual North Creek Explorer 5K Run & Walk on Saturday, December 4, 2021 at 5PM. The North Creek Explorer 5K race has been a local favorite for many years because it’s a Saturday evening race with a great atmosphere which includes live music and food. It also gives the community the opportunity to interface with the Coconut Creek Police Department officers. This year we return to an in person event and look forward to seeing all the runners and their families and friends come together in support of the Coconut Creek Police Explorer Program.
The race will start at 5PM and conclude with an awards ceremony recognizing the overall top male and female runners as well as top male and female age group winners. There is also awards for top male and female first responders. All participants will receive a medal.
We are offering a virtual option for those who are not ready to join us in person this year. Please see FAQ section below for more information.
All proceeds will directly benefit the Coconut Creek Police Department Explorer Program that supports protecting and serving our future community. The Explorers Program provides students, ages 14 – 18, actual experience and training for a career in law enforcement. Proceeds will cover costs for uniforms, equipment, trips, regional competitions and supplies. Without your help students cannot cover these costs or pursue their passion - giving back to the community. Help us meet our fundraising goal of $5,000 and give these students and our community the bright future it deserves! Show your support by signing up for the race or simply donating below.
All runners will receive a swag bag with long sleeve dri-fit logo shirt. Pick up for all runners (in person and virtual) will be available all day at the race site. Virtual runners will have the option to pay $10 to have their bags mailed to them.
Registration fees is as follows:
- $25 for 12 and under
- $35 for over age of 12 runners/walkers until October 31st
- $40 starting November 1st
- $45 on race day, December 4th
How will the virtual race work?
- Register for the race on Race Entry
- Run or walk the 5K on December 4th anytime between 12 AM - 11:59 PM
- After the completion of your 5K, simply upload and submit your time to the Accuchip open results page anytime between 12 AM - 11:59 PM. The link to the Accuchip open results page will be emailed to you a few days prior to race day.
- Congratulations! You have completed the North Creek Explorer 5K.
How do I submit my time if I run the virtual race?
Registrants will receive an email a few days prior to the race with information on how to submit your times, packet pick-up information, and print your bib. The Accuchip open results page will go live Dec. 4th at 12 AM and will close at 11:59 PM, so make sure you submit your times before the countdown clock reaches 0.
To submit your times:
- Open the results page (link to page will be sent out a few days prior to the race)
- Find your name
- Click ‘edit time’ next to your name
- Enter your race time and click the submit button
Does this race offer a swag bag/t-shirt/medal and how do I get it?
Virtual runners will receive a swag bag with long sleeve dri-fit shirt and medal. Virtual runners have the option to have their bags shipped to them for an additional fee. Swag bags can be picked up in person on race day starting at 8AM at the race site.
How do we know where we placed for the virtual race?
Virtual runners will be able to see where they place with the other virtual participates through the Accuchip leaderboard. A link will be provided prior to race day with instructions on how to post your time.
When does registration close?
Online virtual race participation registration closes December 3rd at 11:59 PM. In person registration closes 10 minutes before the start of the race.
How are we practicing COVID-19 prevention and regulations?
- For those who are not comfortable attending an in person race, we have a virtual option to participate. The swag bag, t-shirt and medal can be mailed to you for $10.
- For those attending in person we ask everyone to be cognizant of those around them and to practice social distancing where needed.
How can you help make this event a success?
- Share the news of the race! Get your friends and family to register for the race or donate.
- If you are interested in being a sponsor, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how you can be part of our event.
- Share your run on social media using the #BrightFuturesInBlue. Together we can help these students become something great!
- Location: Coconut Creek, FL 33073
- Race Date: 2021/12/04 05:00:00 PM (Saturday)
- 12 and Under Registration
- Virtual Runners
North Creek Explorer 5K Run/Walk Where & When
North Creek Explorer 5K Run/Walk Reviews
Coconut Creek, FL Weather
Last year the weather condition was Overcast.