Into the Light Walk Race Description
5th ANNUAL "INTO THE LIGHT WALK"
Check-In 4:00 A.M.
Pleasantville High School | 60 Romer Avenue, Pleasantville, NY 10570
Walk Begins sharply at: 4:30 A.M.
T-Shirts are guaranteed to the first 500 registrants
Break the Hold is a program under the umbrella of The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA). MHA is a 501(c)(3) organization. Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
- Check-in at 4:00 A.M. at Pleasantville High School (by cafeteria entrance) | 60 Romer Avenue, Pleasantville, NY 10570
- Start time at 4:30 A.M. at Pleasantville High School (rain or shine)
- Approximately 2.5 miles
- T-shirts are guaranteed to the first 500 registrants
- Walk concludes at Pleasantville High School approximately 6:30 A.M.
- Guest Speaker at conclusion of walk
- Questions? Email BTHbreakthehold@gmail.com or (914) 907-7321
About the Break the Hold Organization: BTH was established by the Halloran Family in honor of their late son, Brian Thomas Halloran, who passed on January 23, 2018. BTH stands for Brian's initials, but also for "Break the Hold" on mental illness. The mission of the organization is to promote youth emotional wellness. We hope to build resilience and reduce the risk of suicide through education, advocacy, and raised awareness about depression and other mental health challenges. Through open dialogue we hope to reduce the stigma of mental health challenges.
Our program is focused on teaching Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), which is evidenced-based training for emotional regulation. DBT uses mindfulness strategies to manage emotions, increasing a persons tolerance to negative emotions.Funds raised from this event will be used to provide resources and educational programming on mental health wellness to youths and parents in our communities. We will also award a BTH Scholarship to a graduating student from Pleasantville High School who demonstrates commitment to, passion for, and volunteerism related to mental health advocacy.
- Location: Pleasantville, NY 10570
- Race Date: 2023/06/11 04:00:00 AM (Sunday)
- Ages 13 and older
- 12 and under
- Team - ADULTS
- Team - STUDENTS