Hope is Built Veteran Salute 5K and Grooves Dance Workout
Join us on 11/14/2021(race date estimated)
Hope is Built Veteran Salute 5K and Grooves Dance Workout Race Description
Oakland Raiders' Tahir Whitehead
Hope is Built Veteran Salute Glow 5K
Celebrity Grooves Dance Workout
on Thursday, November 14, 2019
EVERY 5K FINISHER GETS A MEDAL
Don't miss out on meeting Raiders' players and special guests!
In honor of the Veteran's Salute to Service, Oakland Raiders' Tahir Whitehead and Run Life's Course are celebrating veterans with both a 5K run/walk around Lake Merritt and the famous Grooves Dance Workout class as seen on The View, led by celebrity choreographer, Kennis Marquis. All participants will get a special glow-in-the-dark necklace to signal hope for veterans and active military and those in the fight against homelessness for veterans to obtain the help they need to return to normalcy.
The 5K will be one loop around Lake Merritt from start to finish line. The Grooves class is for those who would prefer to dance as their fitness and want to burn more calories than ZUMBA while showing their appreciation for veteran commitment.
All net proceeds will be donated to Back On My Feet which focuses on providing a second-chance for those who have fallen on hard times (especially veterans) and need shelter, job training, financial literacy, career guidance and placement, and housing placement within 60 - 120 day time frames.
- Runners/walkers can sign up for the 4:30PM start or the 5:00PM start.
- The Grooves Dance Fitness workout is at 5PM sharp.
- All veterans who participate will receive an additional Honor Medal if running/walking the 5K. That's TWO MEDALS for veterans!!
- The top 10 veteran 5K finishers will get tickets for two to the following Sunday's home game. That's 20 tickets to an NFL game given away!!!
- All Back On My Feet members participating in the 5K or the Grooves Dance will get experience an NFL game in-person with your proceeds. That's an early Christmas gift to some well-deserved men and women who are putting in the effort to transform their lives.
- All participants will receive a complementary tee-shirt courtesy of Raiders' Tahir Whitehead.
- Free on 1st street and around Lake Merritt
- Parking near the start at the Boating Center is $5 (Enter at Park View Terrace at Grand).
- Metered parking is available on Grand.
Public transportation is encouraged as the best BART station is Lake Merritt.
The starting line and the start of the Grooves Dance workout will be at the Sailboat Center opposite of the picnic tables.
Follow us on Instagram at irunlifescourse for features, updates and running tips.
- Location: Oakland, CA 94610
- Race Date: 2019/11/14 04:30:00 PM (Thursday)
- 5K Runner/Walker - Lake Merritt @4:30PM
- Grooves Dance Fitness - Lake Merritt @ 5PM
- 5K Runner/Walker - Lake Merritt @ 5PM
Hope is Built Veteran Salute 5K and Grooves Dance Workout Where & When
Hope is Built Veteran Salute 5K and Grooves Dance Workout Reviews
Other Races You May Want to Consider
Hope is Built Veteran Salute 5K and Grooves Dance Workout Restaurants & Activities
Below are some of the highest rated restaurants in Oakland as well as the highest rated activities in Oakland. Extend your experience with all Oakland has to offer.