11TH ANNUAL COPPELL 5K BENEFITING COPPELL SPECIAL OLYMPICS TEAMS
Race is on Saturday, Oct 24th at 8:00am at Andrew Brown East Park.
On Saturday, October 24th, Get You In Shape is hosting the 11th Annual Coppell 5K benefiting Special Olympics Teams of Coppell. It is a community event with a 1-mile fun run, a timed 5K Race and a virtual option as well.
For the past 10 years, the Coppell 5K has raised over $95,000 in support of our local Coppell Special Olympic Athletes. Our goal for the 11th Annual Coppell 5K is to continue to rally around these athletes with special needs and provide the financial support that this great organization needs. Coppell Special Olympics receives 90% of their funding from this one event. This financial support enables the athletes to receive letter jackets at their annual Special Olympics Banquet and provides banners and signage for traveling competitions. Annual needs also include uniforms, transportation, equipment and event fees.
The Coppell Special Olympics team is an organization dedicated to individuals with special needs. They offer opportunities for better health, fitness and confidence in a variety of programs. The mission of Special Olympics Texas is to provide year round sports training and competition in a variety of Olympic type sports. To learn more about your local Coppell Special Olympics Teams and the sports they participate in, please visit www.coppellso.org.
- Early registration-- February 17th to Oct 10th
- Later Registration-- Oct 11th to Oct 24th
- Online registration will be available until 8:00 on Saturday, Oct 24th when the race starts.
- If you are registering on race day and are going to pay with a credit card, please register on line prior to coming to the race or you can register on site. If you are paying with cash or a check please click here to download the individual on-site registration form or click here for the family on-site registration form and bring it with you to the park on Saturday. This will help to speed things up.
- Registrations through Oct 10th will receive a 2020 Coppell 5K t-shirt. Late Registrations after Oct 10th & Walk-Up registrations on Race Day are not guaranteed a t-shirt. Shirts for late registrations and walk-ups will be distributed based upon availability at either Packet Pickup or Race Day. Shirts not picked up at Packet Pickup cannot be held.
- Children age 5 and under are free to participate in the Fun Run. Online registration is required, but an event t-shirt is not included. Additional event t-shirts may be purchased for $20 each after the start of the race.
- Virtual Registrations do not include a t-shirt.
FEES AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
(Please note all online registrations include a processing fee not included in the registration fees stated below)
- FUN RUN
- Early Registration $20
- Regular Registration $25
- Children ages 5 and under are free. Registration is required.
- T-shirts are not included with this option, but can be purchased on race day for $20.
- 5K RACE (Timed or Not Timed Option)
- Early Registration $30
- Regular Registration $35
- Virtual Option - T-shirts are not included with this option. T-shirts are available to purchase for $20. Shirts must be picked up at packet pickup.
- T-Shirts can be purchased for $20 as add-ons/extras to a registration (available on race day only).
- All Sales Final - No Refunds.
Get You In Shape Office - 509 W. Bethel Road (In the Createria Art Studio Building)
- Friday, Oct 23rd, 11am - 7pm
- Saturday, Oct 24th, 7am - Race Day Location (Andrew Brown East Park)
RACE DAY EVENTS:
- 7:00 am Race Day Registration
- 8:00am 5K Run Start
- 8:05am Fun Run Start
- 9:15am 5K Awards Announced
Parking is available at Andrew Brown East, West and Central Park
5K MEDALS AND AWARDS: Top Overall Male and Female and Top Three Finishers for each age group listed below
- Ages 8 and under
- Ages 9-10
- Ages 11-12
- Ages 13-14
- Ages 15-16
- Ages 17-18
- Ages 19-24
- Ages 25-29
- Ages 30-34
- Ages 35-39
- Ages 40-44
- Ages 45-49
- Ages 50-54
- Ages 55-59
- Ages 60-64
- Ages 65-69
- Ages 70 and over