The Cheyenne Greenway Foundation is holding the 11th annual Spring into Green Event on September 19, 2020
The 5k and 10k races will begin in Holliday Park near Big Boy and use the Sun Valley Greenway to go out and back. All proceeds are pumped back into amenities for the Greenway such as bike fix stations, and public art.
We expect 150 participants so Social Distancing will be paramount! This year there is NO day of registration!
In order to maintain social distancing and the safety of our participants and volunteers, we intend to take the following steps:
- All participants must register on-line at Raceentry.com or at Foot of the Rockies. There will be no day of registration.
- Pre-race packet pickup will be from Sept. 16 -18, 2020 at Foot of the Rockies
- The event will be chipped timed, therefore, we can utilize a "wave" or "rolling" start. We will have approximately 20- 25 people start at a time in order to ensure appropriate social distancing.
- We will include the flyer you sent to in the race packets to remind participants the importance of social distancing and to remind them not to come to the event if they aren't feeling well.
- We will post some signs around the start/finish areas as well
- We will provide hand sanitizer for participants and volunteers
- Any water or post-race food will be handed to the participant by a volunteer (who will be wearing a mask and gloves).
- All volunteers will be screened on the morning of the Event to make sure anyone who is experiencing symptoms will not participate.
- Volunteers on the racecourse will maintain social distancing from the participants and wear masks.