The mission of Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP) is to honor and empower wounded warriors. Now you have the chance to put that mission in motion and bring the WWP Carry Forward® Virtual 5K to your own community. Every step you take and dollar you raise will empower wounded warriors as they take on their next mission.
There are three special ways to show your support while you run or walk at your Carry Forward Virtual 5K:
- Carry a flag to show support and patriotism.
- Carry a weight to represent the responsibilities veterans carry
- Carry another person to symbolize one warrior carrying another.
How a Carry Forward Virtual 5K works.
You’ll choose the location and date — Memorial Day, July 4th, Veterans Day, or any time of year that works for you — and decide if you want to organize your 5K as a solo run, neighborhood stroll with friends, or go all out with an epic, community-wide fundraiser.
REGISTER & PLAN
- Register as a solo participant or form a squad. Plan your 5K details including date, location, and fundraising goal.
RAISE MONEY FOR VETERANS
- Reach your fundraising goal by asking friends and family to give or join in as a participant. Be sure to tap into these creative fundraising ideas to make the most of your impact.
GET READY & GO
- (Starting in February) Within 2-3 weeks of your registration, we’ll mail you an official Carry Forward swag kit complete with a race medal, flag, drawstring bag, runners bib, and sweatband