It's a Child's Life Foundation (IACL) is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit based out of Ada, OK driven by the desire to improve the lives of children through advocacy, education, support & love, no matter the cost. Alpha Omega Race Series (AORS) was created by IACL to fund private adoption through distance and/or consistent running. The selected mileage represents the beginning and end distance goals of the vast majority of runners. Adoption also has a beginning and end. It is journey, not a sprint or a one day event. Adoption is a long term commitment towards a goal, much like running. Both require planning, determination, patience, and embracing the process of refinement as we journey towards a destination. The beauty of the AORS is it can be done in your time and in your neighborhood during the 2019 calendar year. Because of our generous sponsor, 100% profits raised will go towards adoption fees. We hope to help MANY families complete their adoption. Details on adopting family qualifications are posted on www.itsachildslife.org.
Series and Mile Challenge Information:
1. Alpha Series ($35): Training for a half marathon? This is the race series for you! Runner must complete 5K, 10K, and half marathon distances within 2019 calendar year. Distances should be completed in 3 separate runs. Finishers receive a short sleeved, super soft cotton event shirt* and a 3.75 INCH custom medal.
2. 500 Mile challenge ($35): Enjoy shorter distances or need a goal to shoot for to remain consistently active? This is a great option for you! Runner must complete 500 miles within the 2019 calendar year. Finishers receive a short sleeved, super soft cotton event shirt* and a 3.75 INCH custom medal.
3. Alpha Omega Series ($45): Training for a half marathon and REALLY like medals? Look no further then this series. Runner must complete 500 miles within 2019, including a 5K, 10K, half marathon distances. Distances should be completed 1.1.19-12.31.19. Finishers receive a short sleeved, super soft cotton event shirt* and TWO 3.75 INCH custom medals.
4. Non-runner option for event shirt purchase ($25).
* = all apparel will be mailed after the completion of the selected race distances
Participant need to know info:
1. ALL race series must be completed and sent to the race director in 2019.
2. Email the race director at email@example.com to log dates, miles, and finish times in order to receive finisher medals and event shirts (if running). Screen shots or pics of GPS apps/watches are sufficient.
3. All virtual distances (not the entire series) must be completed in one day.
4. Running and/or walking specified distances are required. Biking said distance is not an option.
5. Participants may use either training runs and/or races as proof of distances covered.
6. Event shirts and medals will be mailed after distances completed and submitted to race director.
7. All runner apparel is neither refundable nor exchangeable.
8. See "orphans no more" tab on www.itsachildslife.org for more info regarding completed families via IACL events.
Children will be brought home to their forever families as participants help complete private adoptions through distance or consistent running. It's a win win.