It's A Child's Life Foundation is proud to present the 5th Annual A Mile in Their Shoes walk for foster care. 2020 has been quite the life-altering year regarding large events and safe distancing to slow the spread of COVID-19. With that being said, we are having to change how we will gather this year. We are still planning a “walk”, but it will be virtual with appropriate social distancing with loved ones you share living space. We encourage the mile to be completed sometime during the week prior to the event or the morning of the event if not possible to move earlier. New this year, we will set up a DHS needs drive through drop off at Pontotoc County DHS building at 2320 Arlington St, Suite B in Ada, OK. Hunter Supertechs has generously sponsored event shirts again for the 3rd year in a row. The first 50 registrants will receive an event shirt and it will be picked up at the drive thru line during the DHS needs drop off.
The purpose of the virtual walk is to 1) bring awareness of the impact foster care can have on a child 2) partner with local agencies to educate families who are considering foster care 3) provide car seats and other needed items to DHS in order to help children and families transition into foster care.
We are asking you to help us stockpile Pontotoc County OKDHS with critical need items:
1. 5 point harness car seats (must be new)
2. Infant car seats (must be new)
3. Newborn to 6 month clothing (all kinds)
4. Diapers (all sizes)
5. Wipes (unbroken packages)
6. Any size clothing especially tween and teenage size
7. Baby shampoo, desitin, receiving blankets
8. Shoes (mainly the tween and teen sizes)
9. Blankets all sizes
10. Diaper bags
11. Booster seats (must be new)
Good news: DHS has plenty of bags and luggage remaining from past donations at this time, so it’s not on this year’s list.
New this year: we have created a baby registry for your convenience. All items will be shipped to us and delivers to DHS on event day.
Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/baby-reg/amileintheirshoes-2020-itsachildslife-2020-june-2020-ada/1ZGTT1WJB2QK1?fbclid=IwAR2JltIRhao_HbP78g12vveMDvuHQBMNxn6qWlK91bqIdGVnt07s5WboSdA
We want you to be seen on your virtual mile. Please, complete your mile prior to donation drop off. The purpose is to bring awareness to the community as we learn statistics and pray over those involved in foster care system.
1. Follow traffic laws and COVID-19 guidelines for social distancing. We encourage pulling/carrying donated items during the virtual mile, but it’s not required.
2. Parents/guardians must monitor children at all times during walk.
3. Sport an attitude of gratitude, willingness to help/serve others, listening ears, and soft heart.
4. Take donated items to the address above and pick up your event shirt (if registered within the first 50 participants).
5. We ask you post pictures on social media tagging A Mile in Their Shoes on Facebook and #AMileinTheirShoes2020.