5K Walk/Run for Jim Race Description
The Run for Jim was established in memory of Jimmy Bashaw who died at the age of 45 from brain cancer. Jimmy was a teacher and longtime girl’s basketball coach at Bellows Free Academy of St. Albans. Jimmy’s family and friends wish to remember him by continuing his kind and charitable ways by helping others in their time of need. 100% of the proceeds from this event are used to aid residents of Franklin and Grand Isle counties with expenses related to cancer and catastrophic illnesses. These awards are distributed through the Jim Bashaw Cancer and Catastrophic Illness Fund at Northwestern Medical Center. This Fund has distributed over $550,000 since 2001.
- Make this a family event! Kids' races start at 8:30 a.m. on the track.
All finishers get a medal. There will be face painting and cookies for the kids.
2-4 year olds ("Biddy Bashers" 100 Meter Dash)
5&6 year olds - 1/8 mile
7&8 year olds - 1/4 mile
9&10 year olds - 1/2 mile
11&12 year olds - 1 mile
A child is welcome to run more than one event (at no extra charge) as long as his or her age is not greater than the category age.
- 5k Race at 9:30 a.m.Win an apple pie!!! The 5K race is run on a paved loop in picturesque St. Albans. The first mile is fast with a gentle downhill. The second mile features a gradual uphill and the course finishes flat and fast.
Apple pies for top finishers and age group winners!
- 5k Walk at 9:30 a.m.Start with the 5k runners and follow the same course. Walkers are not timed; pizzas from Mimmo's are raffled for the walkers!
- Location: St. Albans, VT 05478
- Race Date: 2021/09/26 08:30:00 AM (Sunday)
- Kid's Race