It's A Child's Life Foundation is proud to present the 4th Annual A Mile in Their Shoes walk for foster care. The purpose of the walk to 1) bring awareness of the impact foster care can have on a child 2) partner with local agencies to educate families who are considering foster care 3) provide luggage and other needed items to DHS in order to help children and families transition into foster care.
Participants will enter the world of the foster child. Walkers will take luggage (see strategy below) with them on the course as they learn statistics of what impacts a child in foster care and/or times out of the system. This is a family friendly event. Coffee and donuts will be provided for participants. Our first group of those who register will receive a free event t-shirt compliments one of our favorite sponsors Hunter Supertechs.
We are asking you to help us stockpile Pontotoc County OKDHS with critical need items:
1. New luggage (large, medium, and small suitcases), Armour Guard duffel bags, duffel bags, and carry-on sized bags.
2. Socks and underwear
3. Diapers and Wipes (Size 4 & 5 diapers specifically requested)
5. Sippy Cups & Baby Bottles
5. Booster Seats and Car Seats
We want to be seen. Starting at 10am, we will walk Main St. (following traffic laws) from H2O.church (start and finish lines are at Broadway and Main) east to N Ronnie, then south to E 12th, west to S. Broadway, south to W13th, west to S Townsend, north to an alley, east to s broadway, north, to w 12th, north on s stockton, east on W main to H2O.church (See map). The purpose is to bring awareness to the community as we learn statistics and pray over those involved in foster care. See Course Map.
1. Follow traffic laws. We will be pulling our donated luggage during this mile.
2. Parents/guardians must monitor children at all times during event.
3. Sport an attitude of gratitude, willingness to help/serve others, listening ears, and soft heart.