The 2016 Turkey Trot 5K event is coming on Thanksgiving morning, November 24th at the Outlets of Little Rock, the newest and most talked about shopping venue in central AR. There will be a traditional 5K race, a 1 Mile Fun Walk and the Wild Gobbler 5K Run (w/ five exercise stations on the route). The final leg of all three races will wind through the shopping center itself and end at the common area. The event will benefit our Christmas Outreach program where we provide Christmas gifts to the children of military and first responder families in need in Central AR. Each child will receive toys from their wish list, clothing, shoes and other items they otherwise would not have received. The mission of SDIA focuses on supporting the unique needs of military and first responders “Sheep Dogs” and their families.
Wild Gobbler - 5K Adventure Run details:
Run to Station 1
- Station 1 Movement - Diamond Push Ups - In memory of Tyrone Woods, former US Navy SEAL, killed on Sept 11th, 2012 while defending the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya. Tyrone was working at a CIA annex close to the Consulate when it came under attack. He was one of only a few responders able to make it to the U.S. Consulate in an attempt to rescue the U.S. Ambassador. Our workout reps in honor of Tyrone are based on the date he was killed, 9/11/12, for a rep count of 32...you will do 32 Diamond Push Ups.
Run to Station 2
- Station 2 Movement – Side Lunges – In memory of Master SGT Dan R. Wassom, Unit 189th Airlift Wing, AR Air National Guard, who was killed on 27 Apr 2014 during the tornado outbreak in Mayflower and Vilonia. MSGT Wassom died while using his body to shield his 5 yr old daughter Loriei as a tornado destroyed their home. Our workout reps in honor of Dan are based on his age, 31. You will do 31 Side Lunges. One lunge to the right and then to the left count as 1 rep.
Run to Station 3
- Station 3 Movement - Burpees – In memory of Deputy Sherri Jones of the Bowie County Texas Sheriff’s Office who was attacked and killed at the Bowie County Courthouse while transporting a prisoner for trial on 18 Apr 2011. Our workout reps in honor of Sherri are based on her End of Watch date 4/18/11. You will do 33 Burpees.
Run to Station 4
- Station 4 Movement – Four Count Mountain Climbers – In memory of Senior Chief Petty Officer Thomas A. Ratzlaff, Navy Special Warfare Operations (SEAL) Senior Chief Ratzlaff who was killed in Afghanistan when the CH-47 Chinook helicopter (Call Sign “Extortion 17”) in which he was riding was shot down. Our workout reps are based on the number of U.S. military personnel who were killed along with Tom, 31. You will do 31 Four Count Mountain Climbers.
Run to Station 5
- Station 5 Movement - Jumping Jacks - In memory of Capt. Donald Jones, a Jacksonville, AR firefighter who was killed March 19th, 2012 while working the scene of an accident. A fellow fireman and police officer were also injured during the incident. Capt Jones was a 31 year veteran firefighter. Our workout reps in honor of Capt Jones are based on his age and the date he was killed...3/19/12, for a total of 65...you will do 65 Jumping Jacks.
Run to Finish Line
Please contact any one of the following SDIA event organizers with questions:
Jeff Watts - firstname.lastname@example.org
Kayla Benn - email@example.com