Must be accredited by your national federation. Send a letter from your federation to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Elite and age group divisions.
For 1 adult and up to 2 (closely supervised) children. Includes access to transition, a private covered viewing area, a private race concierge, free food, free drink, 1 awards banquet ticket, 1 Pro Party Ticket.
ST CROIX TRIATHLON
EVENT REGISTRATION, RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING. THIS DOCUMENT HAS LEGAL CONSEQUENCES AND WILL AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND WILL LIMIT OR ELIMINATE YOUR ABILITY TO BRING FUTURE LEGAL ACTIONS.
In consideration of being permitted by St Croix Triathlon (“Event Producer”) to participate in this triathlon event, including related programs or events (“Event”), I understand and acknowledge that I am legally agreeing to the statements in the following Event Registration, Release and Waiver of Liability, and Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement (“Agreement”) and that these statements are being accepted and relied upon by the Released Parties, as defined below. I hereby freely and voluntarily acknowledge and/or take action for myself, and on behalf of my spouse, children, parents, guardians, heirs, next of kin, and any legal or personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, or anyone else who might claim or sue on my behalf, as follows:
1. I HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE AND ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS EVENT. I acknowledge running, bicycling, swimming, and/or other portions of this Event are inherently dangerous and are an extreme test of my physical and mental limits that carries with them the potential for serious bodily injury, permanent disability, paralysis and death, and property damage or loss. I acknowledge and agree that it is my responsibility to determine whether I am sufficiently fit and healthy enough to safely participate in the Event, and I attest and certify that I am or will be sufficiently fit and physically trained to participate in the Event, which I elect to enter. I certify that I have not been advised against participation in the Event by any healthcare provider. I have no physical or medical condition that would endanger myself or others if I participate in the Event, or would interfere with my ability to safely participate in the Event. I accept responsibility for the condition and adequacy of my competition equipment and my conduct in connection with the Event. I understand and acknowledge that there may be vehicle or pedestrian traffic on the course route, and I assume the risk of running, biking, swimming and/or other portions of this Event and participating under these circumstances. I also assume any and all other risks associated with participating in this Event, including but not limited to the following: falls, dangers of collisions with vehicles, pedestrians, other participants, and fixed objects; the dangers arising from surface hazards, equipment failure, inadequate safety equipment; and hazard that may be posed by spectators or volunteers; and weather conditions. I further acknowledge that these risks include risks that may be the result of negligent acts, omissions, and/or carelessness of the Released Parties, as defined herein. I understand that I will be participating in the Event at my own risk, that I am responsible for the risk of participation in the Event.
2. I understand and acknowledge the dangers associated with the consumption of alcohol and/or drugs before, during and after the Event and I recognize that consumption of alcohol and/or drugs might impair my judgment and motor skills. I assume responsibility for any injury, loss or damage associated with my consumption of alcohol and/or drugs.
3. I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE Event Producer, St Croix Triathlon, the race sanctioning body, event sponsors, event organizers, event promoters, event producers, race directors, event officials, event staff, advertisers, property owners, volunteers, administrators, contractors, vendors, volunteers, all other persons or entities involved with the Event, and all state, city, town, county, and other governmental bodies, and/or municipal agencies whose property and/or personnel are used and/or in any way assist in locations in which the Event or segments of the Event take place, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, licensees, officers, directors, partners, board members, shareholders, members, supervisors, insurers, agents, employees, volunteers, and other participants and representatives (individually and collectively, the "Released Parties"), from any and all claims, liabilities of every kind, demands, damages (including direct, indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential), losses (economic and non- economic), and causes of action, of any kind or any nature, which I have or may have in the future, including court costs, attorneys’ fees and litigation expenses (individually and collectively, the “Claims”) that may arise out of, result from, or relate to my participation in the Event or my traveling to or from the Event, including light negligence, property damage and damages of any kind, property theft, and Claims relating to the provision of first aid, medical care, medical treatment, or medical decisions (at the Event site or elsewhere), and any Claims for medical or hospital expenses, even if such Claims are caused by light negligent acts, omissions, or the carelessness of the Released Parties. The aforementioned exclusion of liability shall not apply to damages caused by willful misconduct and gross negligence by the Event Producer or a legal representative of the Event Producer and to injuries to life, body or health due to gross negligent breach of duty by the Event Producer or intentional or gross negligent breach of duty by a representative of the Event Producer or a person used to perform an obligation of the Event Producer.
4. I FURTHER COVENANT and AGREE NOT TO SUE any of the Released Parties for any of the Claims that I have waived, released, or discharged herein. I AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, and HOLD HARMLESS the Released Parties from any and all expenses incurred, Claims made by me or other individuals or entities, for liabilities assessed against the Released Parties, including but not limited to court costs, attorneys' fees and litigation expenses, arising out of or resulting from, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, my breach or failure to abide by any part of this Agreement, my breach or failure to abide by any of the race sanctioning body’s competitive rules, Event Producer and/or USA Triathlon’s Competition Rules, and information in the athlete information guide, and/or my actions or inactions which cause injury or damage to any other person.
5. I agree to read and abide by the competitive rules adopted by the race sanctioning body, including any drug or doping control rules, Event Producer’s and/or USA Triathlon’s Competition Rules, and information in the athlete information guide, as they may be amended from time to time, and all traffic laws. I agree that prior to participating in the Event I will inspect the race course, facilities, equipment, and areas to be used, and if I believe or become aware that any are unsafe, I will immediately advise the Race Director.
6. I hereby consent to receive medical treatment that may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident or illness during the Event. I hereby grant to the medical director(s) of the Event and his or her agents, affiliates and designees, access to all medical records (and physicians) as needed and authorize medical treatment as needed. I agree to be responsible and assume liability for any and all costs incurred as a result of training for and/or participation in the Event, including but not limited to ambulance transport services, hospital stays, medical care and treatment, and physician and pharmaceutical goods and services, except for care and treatment covered by my insurance. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from all liability for such costs.
7. I hereby grant to Event Producer and St Croix Triathlon the right, permission, and authority to use my name, image, voice, and/or likeness, without compensation, captured during the Event by Event Producer, its affiliated entities or contractors, and/or the media in any photographs, videotapes, CDs, DVDs, broadcast, telecast, podcast, webcast, recordings, motion pictures, commercial advertisement, promotion materials, and/or any other record of this Event for any purpose whatsoever.
8. I acknowledge and agree that Event Producer, in its sole discretion, may delay or cancel the Event if it believes the conditions on the race day are unsafe. In the event the Event is delayed or cancelled for any reason, including but not limited to acts of God or the elements (including without limitation, wind, rough water, rain, hail, hurricane, tornado, earthquake), acts of terrorism, fire, threatened or actual strike, labor difficulty, work stoppage, insurrection, war, public disaster, flood, unavoidable casualty, race course conditions, or any other cause beyond the control of Event Producer, there shall be no refund of Event Producer’s entry fee or any other costs incurred in connection with the Event.
9. I understand that Event Producer reserves the right, in its sole and complete discretion, to deny entry, revoke the entry application of any applicant at any time, and/or to disqualify any individual from the Event. Applicant expressly waives any claim for damages arising from the denial or revocation of an entry application exceeding the amount of the entry fee.
10. By submitting my application for entry into a Event Producer organized or licensed event, I expressly consent to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in the Virgin Islands in any dispute arising related to my application or my participation in Event Producer’s Event. If any provision of this Agreement shall be deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason, unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Event Producer and the participant commit themselves to replace any such invalid or unenforceable provision (or the invalid or unenforceable part thereof) by such valid and enforceable provision that comes closest to the intent and purpose of such invalid or unenforceable provision (or the invalid or unenforceable part thereof).
11. A legal guardian who signs this Agreement on behalf of a incapacitated and/or mentally challenged person (hereinafter "Said Person"), hereby acknowledges that he or she has the legal capacity and authority to act on behalf of Said Person and to legally bind Said Person to the Agreement. The legal guardian who signs this Agreement agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties for any expenses incurred, Claims made, or liabilities assessed against them, as a result of any insufficiency of legal capacity or authority to act on behalf of Said Person in the execution of this Agreement.
12. I disclaim against the organizer, its employees and its servants from any compensation for damages to him or a third person that was caused due to the athlete being accompanied in any way up the finish-line chute by a person not registered for the race. This does not come to action if the damage was caused by gross negligence or malicious intent by the organizer, its employees and its volunteers. In case the damage is suffered by a minor, for whom the athlete has a caretaking obligation, the waiving also applies for those persons. In case of third parties claiming against the organizer, its employees and its volunteers due to the described events of a claim, the athlete commits himself to indemnify and hold harmless the organizer, its employees and its volunteers.
13. I acknowledge that my participation will be subject to the conditions as listed in the "Agreement on event registration, liability release and waiver of liability and the assumption of risk and exemption is granted", which I have received, read, understood and accept.
I HEREBY AFFIRM THAT I AM EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE (OR WILL BE ON THE DATE OF THE EVENT) OR OLDER, I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, I UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT, AND INTENTIONALLY AND VOLUNTARILY ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT.
WAIVER: I, the undersigned participant (and my parent or guardian if I am younger than 18 years of age), intending to be legally bound, do hereby forever release and waive any and all rights, claims, and actions for damages that we, our heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns may have, or that may hereafter accrue against any and all persons, organizations, and other entities associated with the event, including, but not limited to Race Entry LLC, USA Track and Field, sponsors, affiliates, volunteers, and individual race organizers, arising out of or in connection with my involvement before, during, or after the event.
I verify that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in this event and I assume the risks involved in this activity. I further attest that I will be mindful of traffic along the race course, and hold said sponsors and organizers blameless in any harm that may happen.
I also acknowledge understanding that the charge to my card will show up as Race Entry LLC. I acknowledge that the online processing fees and charitable donations are non-refundable. I also acknowledge that any charitable donations will have 4.97% withheld from the donation to pay credit card and administrative costs.
Race Entry LLC shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages including, but not limited to, loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible loses. Race Entry LLC does not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information contained in, or provided in conjunction with the http://www.raceentry.com website. Race Entry LLC is not responsible for any omissions or inaccuracies, or for the results obtained from this information.
Race Entry LLC facilitates registration for various events, some of which allow participants under the age of thirteen (13). We require a submission of birth date for all registration entries. For children under the age of thirteen (13), parental or guardian consent is required.
You agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Utah, USA, will apply to all matters relating to this Agreement and Waiver. You irrevocably consent that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Race Entry LLC relating to this Agreement and Waiver resides in the courts of Utah, and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of Utah in conjunction with any such dispute including any claim involving Race Entry LLC .
Read through the waiver to agree.
WARNING: READ CAREFULLY. THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDES A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER OF LEGAL RIGHTS AND DEPRIVES YOU OF THE RIGHT TO SUE USA TRIATHLON AND OTHER PARTIES. DO NOT SIGN THIS AGREEMENT UNLESS YOU HAVE READ IT IN ITS ENTIRETY. SEEK THE ADVICE OF LEGAL COUNSEL IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF ITS EFFECT.