Our 60+ South Brunswick Island Rotary Club members are dedicated to raising funds for local and international Rotary projects most of which will benefit the children of our community.
The South Brunswick Islands Rotary Club donates 100% of the net proceeds from ALL fund-raising activities to our local area and international programs. In 2019, the South Brunswick Islands Rotary Foundation was formed to become the charitable arm of the Rotary Club of South Brunswick Islands. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit, with tax ID 82-5054684, donors can take advantage of the tax-deductible portions of their donations. YOUR sponsorship of more than $298,000 has been leveraged with club and other funds for reinvestment in our communities, both local and global.
Although the club supports various local and international projects, a focus of our Club’s fund raising continues to be the youth of our community, our state, and the world. Some of the local projects we support:
- Dictionary Program – every third-grade student in Brunswick County receives his or her own Dictionary.
- WBHS Interact Club for students to improve their leadership & interpersonal skills.
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) for high school juniors to attend a weekend Leadership Conference.
- Leadership Conference in Atlanta, Georgia for high school students to learn from our Nation’s Leaders.
- Brunswick Community College scholarship endowment fund
- WBHS students by annually awarding several academic and one band scholarship.
- Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts projects through work parties and contributions.
- Local programs such as the Brunswick Literacy Council and the New Hope Clinic
- Josh the Otter program for elementary schoolchildren
On a District Level, SBI partners with other Rotary Clubs to support the Boys’ Rotary Cottage at the North Carolina Boys’ and Girls’ Home at Lake Waccamaw.
Internationally, SBI continues to support the effort to eradicate Polio worldwide. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has joined Rotary International in this effort.
We thank you for your continued support in these efforts.