RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
In consideration of participating in the Run to Recovery, and for other good and valuable consideration, I hereby agree to release and discharge from liability arising from negligence Run to Recovery and its owners, directors, officers employees, agents, volunteers, participants, and all other persons or entities acting for them (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Releasees”), on behalf of myself and my children, parents, heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate, and also agree as follows:
1. I acknowledge that Run to Recovery involves known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis or permanent disability, death, and property damage. Risks include, but are not limited to,[actions that might result in injury]; medical conditions resulting from physical activity; and damaged clothing or other property. I understand such risks simply cannot be eliminated, despite the use of safety equipment, without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
2. I expressly accept and assume all of the risks inherent in this activity or that might have been caused by the negligence of the Releasees. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary and I elect to participate despite the risks. In addition, if at any time I believe that event conditions are unsafe or that I am unable to participate due to physical or medical conditions, then I will immediately discontinue participation.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity, or my use of their equipment or facilities, arising from negligence. This release does not apply to claims arising from intentional conduct. Should Releasees or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
4. I represent that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may suffer or causewhile participating in this activity, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further represent that I have no medical or physical condition which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume – and bear the costs of – all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
5. In the event that I file a lawsuit, I agree to do so solely in the state where Releasees’ facility is located, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply.
6. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing this document, I agree that if I am hurt or my property is damaged during my participation in this activity, then I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against the parties being released on the basis of any claim for negligence. I have had sufficient time to read this entire document and, should I choose to do so, consult with legal counsel prior to signing. Also, I understand that this activity might not be made available to me or that the cost to engage in this activity would be significantly greater if I were to choose not to sign this release, and agree that the opportunity to participate at the stated cost in return for the execution of this release is a reasonable bargain. I have read and understood this document and I agree to be bound by its terms.
PARENT OR GUARDIAN ADDITIONAL AGREEMENT(Must be completed for participants under the age of 18) ( minor’s names) being permitted to participate in this activity, I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from any claims alleging negligence which are brought by or on behalf of minor or are in any way connected with such participation by minor.
Release of liability
In exchange of your accepting my or my child's entry, I hereby for myself, my child, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, release any and all rights and claims for damages I or my child may have against pdsF.U.S.I.O.N. it's employees, successors and assigns, for any and all injuries suffered by myself or my child at any activity sponsored by pdsF.U.S.I.O.N. due to negligent acts or omissions. I further agree to follow all rules and regulations established by pdsF.U.S.I.O.N. and that I or my child may be dropped from any roster at any time if my or my child's conduct so warrants it as determined by the. pdsF.U.S.I.O.N. For program promotion purposes, photographs, videotaping, and interviews may be conducted by the media or other entities. I agree to allow the release of any photographs, videotaping, or interviews in print or electronic form of or by myself or my child at a pdsF.U.S.I.O.N. sponsored activity. This release is the entire agreement between the undersigned and pdsF.U.S.I.O.N. and the terms of this release create a contract.
For valuable consideration received, which I hereby acknowledge, I hereby grant pdsF.U.S.I.O.N. its affiliates, subsidiaries or related companies, and its legal representatives, agents, or assigns, the unrestricted right in perpetuity to use and publish my name (or any fictional name) and/or likeness in all forms and media whether photography, film, television, electronic or other tangible medium for editorial, trade or advertising purposes, whether print or packaging and for any other lawful purpose and in any geographical area worldwide; to alter the same without restriction; and to copyright the same. I waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written copy, which may be created in connection with my name or likeness. I understand that some information I learn in my work for pdsF.U.S.I.O.N. may be proprietary to pdsF.U.S.I.O.N. and I agree to keep it confidential. I hereby release pdsF.U.S.I.O.N., its legal representatives, agents and assigns, from all claims and liability relating to its reproduction of my name or likeness.
WAIVER: I, the undersigned participant (and my parent or guardian if I am younger than 18 years of age), intending to be legally bound, do hereby forever release and waive any and all rights, claims, and actions for damages that we, our heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns may have, or that may hereafter accrue against any and all persons, organizations, and other entities associated with the event, including, but not limited to Race Entry, USA Track and Field, sponsors, affiliates, volunteers, Run to Recovery, and individual Run to Recovery organizers, arising out of or in connection with my involvement before, during, or after the event.
I verify that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in this event and I assume the risks involved in this activity. I further attest that I will be mindful of traffic along the race course, and hold said sponsors and organizers blameless in any harm that may happen.
I also acknowledge understanding that the charge to my card will show up as Race Entry. I acknowledge that the online processing fees and charitable donations are non-refundable. I also acknowledge that any charitable donations will have 4.97% withheld from the donation to pay credit card and administrative costs.
Race Entry shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages including, but not limited to, loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible loses. Race Entry does not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information contained in, or provided in conjunction with the http://www.raceentry.com website. Race Entry is not responsible for any omissions or inaccuracies, or for the results obtained from this information.
Race Entry facilitates registration for various events, some of which allow participants under the age of thirteen (13). We require a submission of birth date for all registration entries. For children under the age of thirteen (13), parental or guardian consent is required.
You agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Utah, USA, will apply to all matters relating to this Agreement and Waiver. You irrevocably consent that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Race Entry relating to this Agreement and Waiver resides in the courts of Utah, and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of Utah in conjunction with any such dispute including any claim involving Race Entry .
Our records indicate that you have probably already signed up for this category. To check whether you have already signed up,
Do you want to proceed with this registration anyways?