1. RELEASE CONSENT FOR MEDICAL TREATMENT AGREEMENT. As the participant, or parent/guardian of the participant, I hereby consent that myself or he/she may participate in Sandy City Recreation Program(s) in 2017 and I hereby state that the information contained herein is true and complete.
2A. RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, TRANSPORTATION. Recognizing the possibility of physical injury associated with participation in Sandy City Recreation Program(s), I hereby release and agree to hold harmless and indemnify Sandy City and associated organizations and personnel from and against any claims by or on behalf of the participant for any damage or injury he/she or I may suffer including legal fees, as a result of his/her participation in the program, including transportation to and from activities, but not for claims arising out of Sandy City's sole negligence.
2B. UDOT R920-4 SPECIAL EVENT WAIVER AND RELEASE OF DAMAGES. I hereby release, remise, waive and forever discharge the State of Utah, the Utah Department of Transportation, the Utah Transportation Commission, the Utah Highway Patrol, and their officers, agents, and employees from all liability, claims, demands, actions or causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to loss, or damages and/or injuries, including death, which may result from my participation in the Run Elevated Half Marathon involving roads within the state of Utah, but not for claims, demands, actions or causes of action arising out of the State of Utah, the Utah Division of Transportation, the Utah Transportation Commission, and the Utah Highway Patrol's sole negligence.
3. EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE. I hereby give my consent for emergency medical treatment by Sandy, its employees, agents or health care provider(s) designated by them, in accordance with their best judgment.
4. INSURANCE. I understand that I should have health and accident insurance to cover injuries arising from participation in the program(s).
5. MEDIA RELEASE. I give permission for activity videos and photographs to be taken of the program participant for use in public media as well as official Sandy City publicity, such as Sandy City Internet web site, publications, displays and presentations.
6. TIME RESTRICTION. I understand Little Cottonwood Canyon will be open to traffic beginning at 8:15 am. Runners who have not reached Wasatch Blvd by 8:15 am will be transported to the finish in a relief vehicle.
7. REFUNDS. I understand that registration for the Run Elevated Half Marathon is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
WAIVER: I, the undersigned participant (and my parent or guardian if I am younger than 18 years of age), intending to be legally bound, do hereby forever release and waive any and all rights, claims, and actions for damages that we, our heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns may have, or that may hereafter accrue against any and all persons, organizations, and other entities associated with the event, including, but not limited to Race Entry, USA Track and Field, sponsors, affiliates, volunteers, Run Elevated Half Marathon, and individual Run Elevated Half Marathon organizers, arising out of or in connection with my involvement before, during, or after the event.
I verify that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in this event and I assume the risks involved in this activity. I further attest that I will be mindful of traffic along the race course, and hold said sponsors and organizers blameless in any harm that may happen.
I also acknowledge understanding that the charge to my card will show up as Race Entry. I acknowledge that the online processing fees and charitable donations are non-refundable. I also acknowledge that any charitable donations will have 4.97% withheld from the donation to pay credit card and administrative costs.
Race Entry shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages including, but not limited to, loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible loses. Race Entry does not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information contained in, or provided in conjunction with the http://www.raceentry.com website. Race Entry is not responsible for any omissions or inaccuracies, or for the results obtained from this information.
Race Entry facilitates registration for various events, some of which allow participants under the age of thirteen (13). We require a submission of birth date for all registration entries. For children under the age of thirteen (13), parental or guardian consent is required.
You agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Utah, USA, will apply to all matters relating to this Agreement and Waiver. You irrevocably consent that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Race Entry relating to this Agreement and Waiver resides in the courts of Utah, and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of Utah in conjunction with any such dispute including any claim involving Race Entry .