Participants must accept the following terms to participate in the race.
I understand that my consent to these provisions is given in consideration of the acceptance of this registration and for
being permitted to participate in this event:
• I am a voluntary participant in this event, and in good physical condition.
• I acknowledge that I have either had a physical examination; or been given my physician’s permission to
participate; or that I have decided that I will participate in this activity without the approval of my physician.
• I know that this event is a potentially hazardous activity and I hereby assume full and complete responsibility for
any injury or accident which may occur during my participation in this event or while on the premises of this event.
• I hereby release and hold harmless and agree not to file suit against The Dr. Harvey Estes Student Society, The
Physician Assistant Program, and Methodist University, its employees and agents as well as local Affiliates and
any affiliated individuals, any Race sponsors, and their agents and employees, and all other persons or entities
associated with this event (the “Releasees”) from any loss, liability, or claims.
• I may have arising out of my participation in this event, including personal injury or damage suffered by me or
others, whether same be caused by falls, contact with participants, conditions of the course, negligence of the
Releasees or otherwise.
• If I do not follow all the rules of this event, I understand that I may be removed from the competition.
• I give my full permission to Methodist University and its local Affiliates and Races and their sponsors and
corporate sponsors to use any photographs, videotapes, audiotapes, or other recordings of me that are made
during the course of this event.
• I give my full permission to Methodist University to publicly release my finish time.
• I understand that this Waiver and Release may be stored electronically and agree that a copy is authentic and admissible as evidence in any future dispute or proceeding.
WAIVER: I, the undersigned participant (and my parent or guardian if I am younger than 18 years of age), intending to be legally bound, do hereby forever release and waive any and all rights, claims, and actions for damages that we, our heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns may have, or that may hereafter accrue against any and all persons, organizations, and other entities associated with the event, including, but not limited to Race Entry, sponsors, affiliates, volunteers, Ray's Run FAOIAM, and individual Ray's Run FAOIAM organizers, arising out of or in connection with my involvement before, during, or after the event.
I verify that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in this event and I assume the risks involved in this activity. I further attest that I will be mindful of traffic along the race course, and hold said sponsors and organizers blameless in any harm that may happen.
I also acknowledge understanding that the charge to my card will show up as Race Entry. I acknowledge that the online processing fees and charitable donations are non-refundable. I also acknowledge that any charitable donations will have 4.97% withheld from the donation to pay credit card and administrative costs.
Race Entry shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages including, but not limited to, loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible loses. Race Entry does not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information contained in, or provided in conjunction with the http://www.raceentry.com website. Race Entry is not responsible for any omissions or inaccuracies, or for the results obtained from this information.
Race Entry facilitates registration for various events, some of which allow participants under the age of thirteen (13). We require a submission of birth date for all registration entries. For children under the age of thirteen (13), parental or guardian consent is required.
You agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Utah, USA, will apply to all matters relating to this Agreement and Waiver. You irrevocably consent that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Race Entry relating to this Agreement and Waiver resides in the courts of Utah, and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of Utah in conjunction with any such dispute including any claim involving Race Entry .