Since inception the Fund has raised more than $1.8 million through charitable contributions!
Thanks to the support of the Hurwitz Breast Cancer Fund we've been able to:
- Help make the new James M Stockman Cancer Institute a reality for cancer patients in our community
- Purchase a special breast coil for use with digital imaging of the breast
- Puchase a 3D & CAD Mammography Systems to assist in the detection of breast cancer at an earlier stage; allowing for more successful outcomes
- We created a healing space for patients and families at the Center for Breast Care at FMH Crestwood
- Purchase a device that enables the surgeon/radiologist to examine biopsy tissue in the operating room; this makes biopsies easier on the patient and returns results more quickly
... and so much more!
The Hurwitz Breast Cancer Fund is a fund of Frederick Memorial Hospital, a private, not-for-profit, community hospital with a 501 (c)(3) tax status. All contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.