Since inception the Fund has raised more than $1.7 million through charitable contributions.
Here are just a few of the provided thanks to the support of the Hurwitz Breast Cancer Fund:
- Funds help make the new James M Stockman Cancer Institute a reality for cancer patients in our community.
- A special breast coil was purchased for use with digital imaging of the breast.
- 3D & CAD Mammography Systems have been purchased to assist in the detection of breast cancer at an earlier stage; allowing for more successful outcomes.
- Created a healing space for patients and families at the Center for Breast Care at FMH Crestwood.
- Purchased a device that enables the surgeon/radiologist to examine biopsy tissue in the operating room; this makes biopsies easier on the patient and returns results more quickly.
The Hurwitz Breast Cancer Fund is a fund of Frederick Memorial Hospital, a private, not-for-profit, community hospital with a 501 (c)(3) tax status. All contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.