WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE AGREEMENT FOR OGDEN PUB RUNNERS 2016 END OF SEASON CRAWL
I wish to participate in the Ogden Pub Runners 2017 End of Season Crawl, I have read and reviewed the following Waiver of Liability and Release Agreement and agree to its terms.
1. Assumption of Risk. I understand that running in a road race is a potentially hazardous activity that entails inherent risks of physical injury, including but not limited to falls, contact with other participants, the effects of weather, traffic and other conditions of the road, all such risks being known and appreciated by me. I further understand that I should not enter into the running of a road race unless I am medically able and properly trained. I voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage or personal injury, including death that may result from participation of the Activity, unless caused by anotherâ€™s gross negligence or willful misconduct.
2. Liability Release. In consideration for the opportunity to participate in the Ogden Pub Runners End of Season Crawl, I do waive and forever release any claims, demands, actions, costs, expenses or liabilities that arise from or relate in any way to my participation in the Activity against all persons, entities and agencies involved with promoting and holding the Activity, included but not limited to the Ogden Pub Runners, all sponsors, volunteers, organizers, representatives, and vendors of the Activity and their agents, successors, representatives and assigns even thought their liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on their part.
3. Indemnification. I do hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless The Ogden Pub Runners, its sponsors, organizers, representatives and assigns from and against any loss, liability, damage or costs including court costs and attorneysâ€™ fees, that said parties may incur arising from my involvement in the Activity, excepting those claims arising from the gross negligence or willful misconduct of said parties.
4. Warranty of Physical Fitness. I warrant that I am physically fit and in a condition that will allow me to participate fully in the Activity. I maintain medical insurance that covers me for accidents and illnesses while I am participating in this Activity. I understand that those entities and/or individuals responsible for promoting and holding the Activity have not made, nor will make, any investigation into my physical fitness or ability to participate in the Activity, and are relying solely on my warranty of my physical condition. I assume full responsibility for payment of any medical expenses not covered by my insurance incurred as a result of my participation in the Activity.
5. Payment of Entry Fees. I understand that the payment of any entry fees by me to participate in the Activity are non-refundable. In signing the this Agreement, I acknowledge that I have read the entire Agreement, understand it, and agree to be bound by its terms. I further acknowledge that I sign this Agreement voluntarily and I am at least eighteen years of age.