1. I wish to participate in the Lions Walk for Diabetes Awareness, "Off the Vine" event. I understand that my execution of this Waiver and Release is a prerequisite for participation in the Event. I further understand that there are risks and dangers inherent in participating in the Event.
2. I understand that in order to be allowed to participate in the Event, I agree to assume all risks and to release and hold harmless Lions Clubs International Inc., Lions Clubs International Foundation, Inc., and their officers, agents, employees, successors in interest, contractors, vendors (and their agents), agencies, sponsors, officials and volunteers, including walk leaders, participating communities and clubs and all governmental and public entities including, but not limited to, the State, County, and local municipalities where the events take place (collectively the "Released Parties").
3. I intend by this Waiver and Release to release, in advance, and to waive my rights and discharge all of the persons and entities mentioned above, from any and all claims for damages for death, personal injury or property damage which I may have, or which may hereafter accrue to me as a result of my participation in the Event, even though this liability may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective property or equipment owned, maintained or controlled by them or because of their possible liability without fault. I understand and agree that this Waiver and Release is binding on my heirs, assigns and legal representatives.
4. I understand that I am solely responsible for my health and safety, and I acknowledge that I am physically capable of participating in and completing this Event.
5. I agree to allow Lions Clubs International, Lions Clubs International Foundation, and their contractors, agencies and sponsors, the use of my name and likeness in connection with the Lions Walk for Diabetes Awareness - Off the Vine, for any purpose related to advertising or promotion of the event worldwide in perpetuity in all forms of media now and forever known.
6. Should any portion of this Waiver and Release be judicially determined invalid, voidable or unenforceable, for any reason, such portion of this Waiver and Release shall be severable from the remaining portions herein and the invalidity, void ability, or enforceability thereof shall not affect the validity, effect, enforceability, or interpretation of the remaining provisions of this Waiver and Release.
7. I have carefully read this Waiver and Release and fully understand its contents. If I am under 18 years of age at the time of registration, my parent or legal guardian has completely reviewed this Waiver and Release, understands and consents to its terms, and authorizes my participation by his/her signature below. I am aware that this is a RELEASE OF LIABILITY and a contract between me and the persons and entities mentioned above and I sign of my own free will.
WAIVER: I, the undersigned participant (and my parent or guardian if I am younger than 18 years of age), intending to be legally bound, do hereby forever release and waive any and all rights, claims, and actions for damages that we, our heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns may have, or that may hereafter accrue against any and all persons, organizations, and other entities associated with the event, including, but not limited to Race Entry, USA Track and Field, sponsors, affiliates, volunteers, Off the Vine 5k, 10k, 1mile, and individual Off the Vine 5k, 10k, 1mile organizers, arising out of or in connection with my involvement before, during, or after the event.
I verify that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in this event and I assume the risks involved in this activity. I further attest that I will be mindful of traffic along the race course, and hold said sponsors and organizers blameless in any harm that may happen.
I also acknowledge understanding that the charge to my card will show up as Race Entry. I acknowledge that the online processing fees and charitable donations are non-refundable. I also acknowledge that any charitable donations will have 4.97% withheld from the donation to pay credit card and administrative costs.
Race Entry shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages including, but not limited to, loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible loses. Race Entry does not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information contained in, or provided in conjunction with the http://www.raceentry.com website. Race Entry is not responsible for any omissions or inaccuracies, or for the results obtained from this information.
Race Entry facilitates registration for various events, some of which allow participants under the age of thirteen (13). We require a submission of birth date for all registration entries. For children under the age of thirteen (13), parental or guardian consent is required.
You agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Utah, USA, will apply to all matters relating to this Agreement and Waiver. You irrevocably consent that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Race Entry relating to this Agreement and Waiver resides in the courts of Utah, and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of Utah in conjunction with any such dispute including any claim involving Race Entry .