Muddy Buddies Waiver and Release of Liability
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Muddy Buddies Foot and paw obstacle run, including all programs, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, understands and agrees that:
1. In order to participate I must read and agree to this waiver. Failure to do so prohibits entry to the event.
2. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis, serious injury and death. While particular rules, equipment and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist.
3. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown for myself and my canine companion. - even if these arise from the negligence, actions, or inactions of the organizers or other participants.
4. I fully assume all responsibility for myself and my canine companion. I will follow all rules as set out by the course organizers.
5. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation.
6. If I observe any unusual or significant hazard during my participation, I will immediately remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
7. I, for myself and my canine companion, and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release and hold harmless Muddy Buddies organisers, The Water Bark, Saint Francis Veterinary Services, agents and/or employees of same, other participants (and their dogs), sponsoring agencies, advertisers and vendors (the "Releasees") used to conduct the event with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person, canine or property whether caused by the negligence or otherwise of the Releasees.
8. If you do not understand any of the above you must seek legal counsel prior to proceeding and cannot attend the event until you are clear.
I have read this waiver and release of liability and fully understand its terms. I give up substantial rights by signing it (or clicking on the agree button) including the right to some legal actions including the right to sue. I sign it (or click to agree) freely and voluntarily without any inducement.
Video and Photography Release
Organizers, participants and agents of the organizers will be taking photos and videos throughout the events and programs. I understand my photo may be taken and I hereby release any photo or video images taken during the event to be used by Muddy Buddies for promotional and advertising purposes.
For partipants of minority age (under 18 years old on the day of event):
This is to certify that I, as a parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as indicated in the participant waiver and release of liability outlined above (Sections 1-8). I understand that by agreeing to this (through the agree button) that I have given up substantial legal rights including the right to sue.
WAIVER: I, the undersigned participant (and my parent or guardian if I am younger than 18 years of age), intending to be legally bound, do hereby forever release and waive any and all rights, claims, and actions for damages that we, our heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns may have, or that may hereafter accrue against any and all persons, organizations, and other entities associated with the event, including, but not limited to Race Entry, USA Track and Field, sponsors, affiliates, volunteers, Muddy Buddies, and individual Muddy Buddies organizers, arising out of or in connection with my involvement before, during, or after the event.
I verify that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in this event and I assume the risks involved in this activity. I further attest that I will be mindful of traffic along the race course, and hold said sponsors and organizers blameless in any harm that may happen.
I also acknowledge understanding that the charge to my card will show up as Race Entry. I acknowledge that the online processing fees and charitable donations are non-refundable. I also acknowledge that any charitable donations will have 4.97% withheld from the donation to pay credit card and administrative costs.
Race Entry shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages including, but not limited to, loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible loses. Race Entry does not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information contained in, or provided in conjunction with the http://www.raceentry.com website. Race Entry is not responsible for any omissions or inaccuracies, or for the results obtained from this information.
Race Entry facilitates registration for various events, some of which allow participants under the age of thirteen (13). We require a submission of birth date for all registration entries. For children under the age of thirteen (13), parental or guardian consent is required.
You agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Utah, USA, will apply to all matters relating to this Agreement and Waiver. You irrevocably consent that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Race Entry relating to this Agreement and Waiver resides in the courts of Utah, and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of Utah in conjunction with any such dispute including any claim involving Race Entry .