By indicating your acceptance, you understand, agree, warrant, and covenant as follows:
I understand that participating in this event is potentially hazardous and that I should not enter and participate unless I am medically able and properly trained. In consideration of the acceptance of this entry, I assume full and complete responsibility for any injury or accident which may occur while I am traveling to or from the event, during the event, or while I am on the premises of the event. I also am aware of and assume all risks associated with participating in this event, including but not limited to falls, contact with other participants, effect of weather, traffic and conditions of the road. I, for myself and my heirs and executors, hereby waive, release and forever discharge the event organizers, sponsors, promoters, Cycle Columbia County (Columbia Century Challenge) and each of their agents, representatives, successors and assigns, and all other persons associated with the event, for all of my liabilities, claims, actions, or damages that I may have against them arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in this event.
I understand that this waiver includes any claims, whether caused by negligence, the action or inaction of any of the above parties, or otherwise.
Registration Fees (Cancellation / Refunds)
I understand that the entry fee is non-refundable but transferable. If I am unable to transfer the fee prior to the ride, the fee will be rolled over to the following year. I also understand and accept that if due to the pandemic, local or county restrictions prevent Cycle Columbia County (organizers of the Columbia Century Challenge) from hosting an in-person event, participants' fees will be rolled over to the following year.
Photos and Video recordings
I hereby grant full permission to any and all of the above parties which includes Stumptown Images (official event photographer) to use any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, website images, recordings or any other record of this event.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in programs, related events, or activities offered by Cycle Columbia County, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, understands, and agrees that:
1. Participation includes possible exposure to, and illness from, infectious diseases including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19 (collectively Infectious Diseases). While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist;
2. Prior to participating, I agree to conduct a self-health check. If I have a cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of sense of smell or taste I will stay home and not attempt to participate in the event. If any person with whom I share residence exhibits these symptoms I will stay home and not attempt to participate in the event.
3. Cycle Columbia County cannot prevent you from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading Infectious Diseases while participating in Cycle Columbia County's programs or accessing its premises. It is not possible to prevent the presence of Infectious Diseases. Therefore, if you choose to utilize services provided by Cycle Columbia County, you may be exposing yourself to Infectious Diseases and or increasing your risk of contracting or spreading Infectious Diseases;
4. I willingly agree to comply with the normal and customary terms and conditions for multi-person event participation in the assumed presence of Infectious Diseases. I agree to abide by the safety protocols in place for this event. If, however, I observe any unusual or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation, and bring such to the attention of the nearest Cycle Columbia County official immediately;
5. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY Cycle Columbia County, their officers, directors, officials, agents, volunteers, employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the programs (?RELEASEES?), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law;
6. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS PERTAINING TO INFECTIOUS DISEASES, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and
7. I certify if at any time following the execution of this release, any member of my household (1) experience any symptoms of COVID-19, (2) have come in contact with any individual who tested positive for COVID-19, (3) have tested positive for COVID-19, or (4) have traveled outside the United States within the last 14 days, that I and or my child(ren) will abstain from participating in all Cycle Columbia County activities and will not under any circumstance participate in Cycle Columbia County activities for at least Thirty (30) days. Furthermore, I certify that if any member of my household have been diagnosed with COVID-19 that I will not return to the premises until after Thirty (30) days have elapsed from diagnosis and all members of my household have tested negative for COVID-19.
FOR PARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE (UNDER AGE 18 AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION)
This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian, with legal responsibility for this participant, have read and explained the provisions in this waiver/release to my child/ward including the risks of presence and participation and his/her personal responsibilities for adhering to the rules and regulations for protection against communicable diseases. Furthermore, my child/ward understands and accepts these risks and responsibilities. I for myself, my spouse, and child/ward do consent and agree to his/her release provided above for all the Releasees and myself, my spouse, and child/ward do release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees for any and all liabilities incident to my minor child?s/ward?s presence or participation in these activities as provided above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE, to the fullest extent provided by law.
I HAVE READ THIS WAIVER/RELEASE/ASSUMPTION OF RISK FOR COMMUNICABLE DISEASES INCLUDING COVID-19, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
WAIVER: I, the undersigned participant (and my parent or guardian if I am younger than 18 years of age), intending to be legally bound, do hereby forever release and waive any and all rights, claims, and actions for damages that we, our heirs, executors, administrators, and assigns may have, or that may hereafter accrue against any and all persons, organizations, and other entities associated with the event, including, but not limited to Race Entry, USA Track and Field, sponsors, affiliates, volunteers, Columbia Century Challenge, and individual Columbia Century Challenge organizers, arising out of or in connection with my involvement before, during, or after the event.
I verify that I am physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in this event and I assume the risks involved in this activity. I further attest that I will be mindful of traffic along the race course, and hold said sponsors and organizers blameless in any harm that may happen.
I also acknowledge understanding that the charge to my card will show up as Race Entry. I acknowledge that the online processing fees and charitable donations are non-refundable. I also acknowledge that any charitable donations will have 4.97% withheld from the donation to pay credit card and administrative costs.
Race Entry shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages including, but not limited to, loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible loses. Race Entry does not guarantee the completeness or accuracy of any information contained in, or provided in conjunction with the http://www.raceentry.com website. Race Entry is not responsible for any omissions or inaccuracies, or for the results obtained from this information.
Race Entry facilitates registration for various events, some of which allow participants under the age of thirteen (13). We require a submission of birth date for all registration entries. For children under the age of thirteen (13), parental or guardian consent is required.
You agree that the statutes and laws of the State of Utah, USA, will apply to all matters relating to this Agreement and Waiver. You irrevocably consent that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Race Entry relating to this Agreement and Waiver resides in the courts of Utah, and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of Utah in conjunction with any such dispute including any claim involving Race Entry .